Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 9 August 2021

Week 6 - Heart of Christmas

 

Well today I have hunted hi and low for another fancy fold for you and I have been working on it all day. You will have to forgive that people in lockdown think that they actually need to be fed. I mean don't they know I have fancy fold cards to make! So today the card is more the adventure than the decorations I might put more on later but I am happy with where I am at now but it is quite the grand card and needs a few more decorations on other parts I think.

I found this fold by Jo Blackman a lady in the UK and I thought I just needed to give it a try. She called it a Hexagonal layered card. There are 10 pieces of card stock and 60 pieces of DSP before I started to decorate so stick with me and here we go!
Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints, Fancy Fold, Hexagonal Layer Card, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-bration, July-Dec Mini 2021

So the very fist thing I did was cut all the base of the hexagonal card. I did this in Garden Green card as I was using the Peaceful Prints DSP which is a Sale-A-Bration item that you can earn for free when you purchase $90 work of product and if you have been looking in the New July-Dec Mini Catalogue I don't think that will be hard . Add a couple of things to bundle of Peaceful Deer and  Deer builder Punch.



  So we start with the tall centre hexagon and build our way around that firstly with the 3 full size  hexagons then with the 3 that we have cut a little bit out of as a place to decorate. Now we have the card base and we can start to put all those pieces of Peaceful Prints DSP on each section.

Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints, Fancy Fold, Hexagonal Layer Card, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-bration, July-Dec Mini 2021

Before attaching the centre strip I attached the loop so that I could use it for the decorations.
 
As you can see both inside and out of each section is there is the lovely DSP.

I used an off cut from my card stock to measure exactly where I wanted the loop for the decorations.
Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints, Fancy Fold, Hexagonal Layer Card, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-bration, July-Dec Mini 2021

Each section of decoration I  have used the Peaceful Dear Stamp set and used the garden green in and Soft Succulent Ink for the trees and put them through the Cut & Emboss Machine with the Evergreen Forest 3D embossing folder. I used the Label Me Fancy Punch for this sentiment and just made it a little shorter to fit into the spot.
Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints, Fancy Fold, Hexagonal Layer Card, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-bration, July-Dec Mini 2021


This section I stamped the Deer in Early Espresso ink and then coloured him in with Crumb Cake Light and Dark  Stampin Blends. I love the Stampin' Blends
Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints, Fancy Fold, Hexagonal Layer Card, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-bration, July-Dec Mini 2021


For this section I used the Deer Builder punch once again and punched out the red deer from the Peaceful Prints Paper.

Of course all of this can fold flat if you want it too.

Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints, Fancy Fold, Hexagonal Layer Card, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-bration, July-Dec Mini 2021

Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints, Fancy Fold, Hexagonal Layer Card, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-bration, July-Dec Mini 2021

And if you like you can even put a tea light candle in the bottom as well.

Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints, Fancy Fold, Hexagonal Layer Card, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-bration, July-Dec Mini 2021

I hope you enjoyed my card tonight I certainly enjoyed putting it together. If you have any questions about this card please do not hesitate to contact me.



Please head over to the next blog which is Vick Boucher, I love all the layers and gorgeous textures Vicki has on her projects so I am looking forward to seeing what she has for us this week.


If for any reason the next blog button doesn't work and it does sometimes happen in technology land please head over to the host of this weeks Heart of Christmas blog hop Tina Gillespie and there you will find the list of participants this week and you can continue your blog hop there! Tina's Blog!






11 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Wow Sharon, such an original idea. I love it.

Michele and Stephen said...

Wow!!! Now that’s just a little bit fancy Sharon. Love it.

Tina said...

OMG! What an incredible work of art!! It's a real stunner.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Crikey - that's involved! Very clever, and lovely use of the DSP, Sharon.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, Sharon, that is totally amazing and my mind boggles to know how to create it. So many elements and incredibly fancy for your fancy fold this week. Not sure how you are going to top that one!

Rosa Leyden said...

An amazing card Sharon you sure have created a mega structure (I’d say you’re channeling Minecraft blocks here 😉). And looks great with the tea light. Also another great colouring of the deer.

Judy May said...

Wow Sharon, that is a seriously fancy fold, lol. A labour of love for a very special person!

Cathy Proctor said...

Oh my goodness Sharon that is an incredible fancy fold - I actually can't believe it folds flat to post. Just amazing.

Ros said...

OMG, Wow!

theresa said...

For a while there I was wondering how you would post this is you wanted to but then I saw that it folds flat. Well done and such imagination

Carussell Crafts said...

Wow Sharon, how amazing is your card! I’m sure I would have lost count cutting all that DSP! It looks so special with the tea light inside.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...