Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 11 August 2021

Week 11 - Colour Creations Blog Hop - Cinnamon Cider

Well here we are again my friends I am not sure what to say really. I had to make sympathy cards in January for dear friends at the passing of their Uncle and Brother-in-law Lionel who was such a sweet man and whom I have known for the last few years and was such a friend to me and encouraged my singing. He was a fantastic singer. Well this week his lovely wife Joan passed. I am struggling I must admit to make yet another sympathy card. We never like to do them do we but like all things in life this too is something that we all go through, the passing of a dear loved one.
 
So for this week I looked for a bit of inspiration and I  came across a card from Gail Ellis which is a bit of a coincidence as Joan's sister married and Ellis so I thought it was appropriate to make a card inspired by Gail for Joan's sister Heather Ellis.

Rhapsody in craft, Cinnamon Cider, Very Versailles, Prized Peony, Sympathy Card, Emboss Resist, Shadow Technique, Blending Brushes, Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder, Gold Shimmer Vellum, #colourcreationsbloghop, Stampin' Up

Gail did this technique with the leaves from the Very Versailles leaves called a shadow technique. She used Memento Black and then heat embossed white slightly off from the leaves. I have created the same but I used Early Espresso ink to give just a little softer look. I have stamped on Basic White card.

Rhapsody in craft, Cinnamon Cider, Very Versailles, Prized Peony, Sympathy Card, Emboss Resist, Shadow Technique, Blending Brushes, Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder, Gold Shimmer Vellum, #colourcreationsbloghop, Stampin' Up

Once you have stamped the darker leaves and then heat embossed in white I then took the blending brushes and the Cinnamon Cider ink and blended over the top. When I had applied enough ink I buffed off the ink from the white embossed leaves so they pop! Then I got my Cinnamon Cider Stampin' Write marker and put a few splatters over the card. Now that gorgeous Gold Shimmer ribbon is in that location for a reason. 1 it looks good and 2 because I accidentally hit that spot with my marker when I was putting the splatters. LOL! Oh well, never mind cover with gorgeous ribbon!

Rhapsody in craft, Cinnamon Cider, Very Versailles, Prized Peony, Sympathy Card, Emboss Resist, Shadow Technique, Blending Brushes, Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder, Gold Shimmer Vellum, #colourcreationsbloghop, Stampin' Up


The sentiment comes from the Prized Peony stamp set and works so well for this card. I have stamped it in Cinnamon Cider. Behind this front panel I have a layer of Gold Shimmer Vellum and then a layer of Cinnamon Cider which I have embossed with the Tasteful Textiles 3D embossing folder.


On the inside of the card I have used the residual ink on my blending brush to just add a bit of colour to the Basic White card and a little bit of splatter to match it to the front of the card.

Rhapsody in craft, Cinnamon Cider, Very Versailles, Prized Peony, Sympathy Card, Emboss Resist, Shadow Technique, Blending Brushes, Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder, Gold Shimmer Vellum, #colourcreationsbloghop, Stampin' Up

I hope this gives you an idea for a sympathy card when you need one. 

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next blog and this week you will be going to the lovely Theresa Gerrard. I love seeing what Theresa has for us each week. Last week she had beautiful Japanese inspired cherry blossoms. So just hit the next blog button below and you will be able to see her gorgeous creation this week.


If at any time the next blog button doesn't work and let's face it, we have all had technical difficulties at times, just head to the host of our weekly colour creations blog hop Catherine Proctor and there she will have for us the list of those participating this week: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,



10 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I wouldn't have thought to use Cinnamon Cider for a sympathy card, but, wow, you've used it beautifully, Sharon. The main art panel on your card is beautiful. I love the soft application of colour, and how well Early Espresso goes with Cinnamon Cider.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, I am so sorry you've had to make yet another sympathy. I've never seen this technique before but it is lovely and perfectly suited to the stamp set you've used.

Claire said...

I'm sorry to hear that news lovely friend. Your sympathy card is so beautiful and subtle. That shadow technique is lovely. Really well done.

Tina said...

It seems I'm not the only one with a 'happy accident' this week! Your car is beautiful, the technique looks amazing, but I am sorry to hear that you needed to make it x

Andrea said...

Oh Sharon - my heart goes out to you. Xxx I love your card and your use of the shadow technique with Early Expresso. Beautiful. When I first saw you card I though you had cut out the darker leaves - they really did look like a 3D shadow. Take care xxx

Rachel Palmieri said...

Your card gives a lovely sense of peace Sharon, it really is a soothing scene.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh Sharon, what a sad occasion to have to make a card, so sorry for your loss. Your card is lovely though and I love this offset look, even though it does funny things to my eyes! I would never have thought to put Early Espresso with Cinnamon Cider, wow.

theresa said...

Oh how sad for you Sharon. That's why sometimes it pays to just have some sympathy cards on hand for when the emotions make it too hard to create. I also love Gail's work but hadn't seen this technique. A lovely soft card and so appropriate

Ros said...

A beautiful sympathy card, sorry that you've had to make another one again so soon. I never thought to use cinnamon cider for a sympathy card but it looks lovely.

Carussell Crafts said...

Thinking of you my friend as you struggle through this sad time. Your card is beautiful. A lovely technique, so thoughtfully made. xx

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...