Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 16 August 2021

Week 7 - Heart of Christmas

 


Week 7 of The Heart of Christmas and I hope you are enjoying the inspiration of the team at Art with Heart each week as they bring you different ideas to get your Christmas cards ready for this year. 

You may have arrived at my blog from the lovely Caroline Manwaring's blog but if not welcome and I have found another fancy fold for you this week.. After this week I will have to start making batches of cards so that we will have lots ready for Christmas but for now as we are still in August I thought you would have time to do one more fancy fun folds for that special someone.

So the fold that I found for you is called a Balcony fold! I hadn't come across this one before this week so just had to try it as you know me I am always up for trying different fold!

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas2021, fancy fold, fun fold card, balcony fold, balcony fold card, Angels of Peace, For Unto Us, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tasteful Labels Dies, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up, Jul-Dec Mini 2021,Christmas Card, Christmas

When I saw that it was a balcony card the first thing I thought of was a theatre and that made me think of Angels singing so I had to have the Angels of Peace singing to us from the Balcony! You know me by now and you know my brain just goes there! LOL!

I followed a tutorial by a lady called Iced Images on YouTube to get the exact dimensions of the card and how to put it together.

So the first thing I did was put the base of the card together.

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas2021, fancy fold, fun fold card, balcony fold, balcony fold card, Angels of Peace, For Unto Us, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tasteful Labels Dies, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up, Jul-Dec Mini 2021,Christmas Card, Christmas
The card base itself is in Evening Evergreen card and I started with a 6x6 inch piece so that led me to the gorgeous 6x6 pack of DSP in the Annual Catalogue Tiding of Christmas. I then cut layers of Cherry Cobbler card and the DSP along with the 2 balcony pieces.
Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas2021, fancy fold, fun fold card, balcony fold, balcony fold card, Angels of Peace, For Unto Us, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tasteful Labels Dies, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up, Jul-Dec Mini 2021,Christmas Card, Christmas

Once I had put them all together which was really easy 3 pieces of card, some scoring and then some matting. Now for the Angels
Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas2021, fancy fold, fun fold card, balcony fold, balcony fold card, Angels of Peace, For Unto Us, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tasteful Labels Dies, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up, Jul-Dec Mini 2021,Christmas Card, Christmas

AS I have thought we needed a choir of angels on the balcony I needed more than 2 this week so I stamped the large one and the 3 little angels the normal way but as you can see one of the little ones is facing the other direction.

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas2021, fancy fold, fun fold card, balcony fold, balcony fold card, Angels of Peace, For Unto Us, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tasteful Labels Dies, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up, Jul-Dec Mini 2021,Christmas Card, Christmas

I stamped the angel on to a silicon mat and then place the Basic White card over it to pick up the ink so that the image was reversed. I then went over the lines with my Stampin' write marker just a little more defined as they can be a little blurry doing the image this way but it is great to get the angel looking the other direction. All the Angels are coloured with the Stampin' Blends.

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas2021, fancy fold, fun fold card, balcony fold, balcony fold card, Angels of Peace, For Unto Us, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tasteful Labels Dies, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up, Jul-Dec Mini 2021,Christmas Card, Christmas

For the sentiments I have used a Tasteful Label dies to cut them out. I used a full one for Hark the Herald from the For Unto Us stamp set and I cut out the other sentiment from the Angels of Peace stamp set and then shortened it.

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas2021, fancy fold, fun fold card, balcony fold, balcony fold card, Angels of Peace, For Unto Us, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tasteful Labels Dies, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up, Jul-Dec Mini 2021,Christmas Card, Christmas

Behind each sentiment I have used a crumb cake piece of the Tidings of Christmas DSP and with the Merry Melody Embossing Folder I have embossed it. I also just highlighted the notes on the DSP with the Light Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends. Angles need to have music if they are going to sing.

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas2021, fancy fold, fun fold card, balcony fold, balcony fold card, Angels of Peace, For Unto Us, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tasteful Labels Dies, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up, Jul-Dec Mini 2021,Christmas Card, Christmas

I have decorated the back of the card on one side and left the other side for writing your greetings but you could just decorate or do both for greetings.

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas2021, fancy fold, fun fold card, balcony fold, balcony fold card, Angels of Peace, For Unto Us, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tasteful Labels Dies, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up, Jul-Dec Mini 2021,Christmas Card, Christmas

It does fold flat and would need an envelope to fit a 6x6 inch card so I would need to make one but I haven't done that as yet. I might challenge myself to make it just that bit smaller next time to see if I can get it to fit into one of our envelopes.

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas2021, fancy fold, fun fold card, balcony fold, balcony fold card, Angels of Peace, For Unto Us, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tasteful Labels Dies, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up, Jul-Dec Mini 2021,Christmas Card, Christmas

I hope you have enjoyed my fancy fold card today and if you have any questions or would like the measurements do not hesitated to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next person on our hop for this weeks Heart of Christmas and this week you will head over to Ros Davidson. I love seeing what Ros creates each week as her creation are always fun and bold. Last week she made Gingerbread and Peppermint cookies so I can't wait to see what she has for us this week.


I have the privilege of hosting our blog hop this week so if for any reason one of the next blog buttons does not work just come back here and you will be able to continue on with your hop by clicking on the names below.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,







11 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Wow, what an interesting fold! Perfect for your choir of angels, Sharon. I love the music-embossed Crumb Cake panels, and your clever use of the sentiment label die. Very creative, my friend!

Claire said...

This is a lovely fold Sharon and really suits this lovely Angel bundle. You have put this bundle to such great use.

Rachel Woollard said...

A whole choir of angels, beautiful card Sharon!

Ros said...

A gorgeous fancy fold and you've chosen the best stamp set to compliment the card.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, you amaze me with the different types of fancy folds you share with us every week! Love your choir of angels!

Rosa Leyden said...

Wow another impressive fun-fold Sharon which suits your choir of angels perfectly! Beautiful card.

Kate Morgan said...

At it again with another fancy fold - but what a great one for these cute angels singing in the choir. A wonderful festive card, Sharon.

theresa said...

You are absolutely the queen of fancy folds in our group Sharon. Those angels are just singing like in a choir.

Tina said...

Ooooh, fabulous!! This is such a fantastic fancy fold for making a scene. Your choir of angels is wonderful.

Michele Taylor said...

Yet another fabulous fun fold Sharon. But, what I really appreciate is the tip about using the large die to crop out a smaller one. Great tip.

Carussell Crafts said...

This is a really lovely new fun fold card that I haven’t seen before Sharon. It’s the perfect fold for your beautiful choir of angels.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...