Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 1 November 2021

Week 18 - Heart of Christmas

 


Welcome to week 18 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop.
You may have come to my blog from the lovely Cathy but no matter where you have entered the blog you please have fun hopping around with the Art with Heart team for this week's Christmas inspiration and if at any time one of the next blog buttons sends you to Mars instead of to the next person on our journey just head to our host Tina Gillespie and you can continue your blog hop from there as she will have the whole list of today's participants.

I have 2 projects for you today, you will be happy that I have found another fancy fold for you and it is quick and easy so I have made it all gold and Blackberry "blissy"! So Regal! Just fitting for the Wise Men Kings I think and a Christmas Tag! So let's get started!

Rhapsody in craft, Blackberry Bliss, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Fancy Fold Card, Blackberry Beauty Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

I saw this card by Mari Fredericks and converted it from inches to cm so that it would work with our A4 cardstock so that you would get 2 cards per sheet of cardstock. This fun fancy fold is perfect for showcasing the 2 Wise Men from the Great Tidings stamp set.

Rhapsody in craft, Blackberry Bliss, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Fancy Fold Card, Blackberry Beauty Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

I started with a 1/2 piece of my favourite Blackberry Bliss cardstock cut @ 10.5 cm x 28 cm. I then scored the base @ 7,12.7,15.2,20.2 and 22.9 cm which if you are using inches equates to 2 3/4, 5,6,8 and 9 inches.

Rhapsody in craft, Blackberry Bliss, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Fancy Fold Card, Blackberry Beauty Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

So fold and the base up like a little fan with the last one folding over the front.

Rhapsody in craft, Blackberry Bliss, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Fancy Fold Card, Blackberry Beauty Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

Once you fold out your card and line it with the gorgeous Blackberry Beauty Specialty DSP gold embossed Wise Men and the sentiment. Oh and don't forget to gold emboss the belly band that holds the card all together.

Now for my tag I needed 20 bags of goodies for my Church ladies to go out for dinner in a couple of weeks and my friend who normally helps me organise these nights is on her way driving to Canberra to see her Mum and Dad so she wanted to get them organised like now as she won't be here when we get to go out for our night out. Which sounds so good after months locked down. So she came by with lollies, chocolates, bells, stars and bags ready for me to add a tag. 

Rhapsody in Craft, Christmas Trimmings Dies, Tiding of Christmas DSP, Tiding and Christmas DSP, Tidings & Trimmings Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Merry Melody 3D, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

Now Stampin' Up has bags that you can use that are just perfect but she had them all ready for me so I couldn't change them. So how did I make the tags.

Rhapsody in Craft, Christmas Trimmings Dies, Tiding of Christmas DSP, Tiding and Christmas DSP, Tidings & Trimmings Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Merry Melody 3D, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

I have made these tags using the Tailor Made Tags, the Merry Melody 3D embossing folder and the Tidings and Trimming Bundle. I first cut out the Sahara Sand tags and embossed them with the Merry Melody 3D embossing folder. Fun note you can get 10 of the largest die out of one sheet so great I needed 20! Winning with 2 sheets! Then I cut out the Christmas Tidings DSP with the same size tag and you can get 4 out of one of the 6x6 sheets. I have only decorated one of the tags so far so on to the next 19 but I wanted to show you I have cut a silhouette star in the DSP and then in gold foil the filigree star. Heat embossed in white onto Cherry cobbler the Noel which I thought went well with the music embossed tag. I then stamped and cut some of the foliage and popped them behind the star.

If you have any questions about my card or tag today do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to my friend the lovely and talented Christine Blain. I always love to see what she has created, she has the best ideas with Designer series paper so I can't wait to see her creation this week. Just hit the next blog button to be taken to her blog.

Tina's Blog in case you visit Mars: Tina
Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today,
take care,



8 comments:

Michele Taylor said...

That's better!!! A Sharon fun fold. The three wise men are absolutely perfect for your very fancy card. Your treat bags look so cute too. The ladies will love receiving them......and eating all the goodies.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Your wise men card is so rich, and regal, Sharon! Very elegant indeed. Love, love, love the tags you created; you and your friend make a great (dare I say it?) tag team! Beautifully decorated, and well done on using your cardstock and DSP so efficiently with the tag dies!

Cathy Proctor said...

Oh my goodness Sharon, what a perfect fancy fold for yout three wise men! I love your tag for your treat bags too -they look delicious!

Tina said...

Wow, it's like that Fancy Fold was designed *just* for those wise men! The card is amazing, the rich background is perfect. The tag is a stunner, too.

Kate Morgan said...

Those wise men are perfect with the Blackberry Bliss & Gold papers, so rich and regal. The tags look amazing too and how great that you can get so many from 2 sheets of cardstock, winning!

theresa said...

Ah the fun fold queen is back! Such an elegant card but my favourite is really the tags for your lolly bags. They are just beautiful. Lucky ladies at church

Rosa Leyden said...

Stunning card for the 3 wise men using Blackberry Bliss and the regal DSP. Such a great fancy fold! The tags are really lovely too Sharon and enjoy making the remaining ones 🙂

Carussell Crafts said...

An amazing and beautifully elegant fun fold card from our Queen of Fun Fold cards. It’s beautiful Sharon and oh so regal!
As for the bag of sweet treats, there’s nothing that our gorgeous Stampin’ Up! products can’t zhuzh up! Your tags are lovely. Enjoy ladies!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...