Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 22 November 2021

Week 21 - Heart of Christmas

 


Welcome to week 21 of the Heart of Christmas, we have just one more week to go for this year. I do hope you have enjoyed hopping along each week. 

For this week I have 3 cards for you using the Merriest Moments Bundle. I taught a class this week at my church for a group of ladies who have long retired from work and get together on Tuesday mornings and had asked me to come and do a Christmas card class with them. We had cards of all levels so that that we could have beginner to more advanced as I knew a few were very crafty ladies. We had card kits for everyone and our stamping began with lots of fun and laughter.

The first card I am going to show you tonight is the card that the ladies who had more experience and were able to do some die cutting along with the stamping..

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas card, Christmas, Merriest Moments Bundle, Merriest Moments, Merriest Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder and Dies, For Unto Us, Merry Melody 3D, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin up!

I had already embossed the base of the card for everyone to save a little bit of timeThe card base is in Evening Evergreen and I have embossed it with the Merriest Moments Hybrid Embossing folder. 


In Soft Succulent I have cut and embossed out the the layering foliage and backing to the sentiment. I turned it the opposite way round to the embossed card base so you can still see some of the image to give a little bit of depth to the card.

For this card I chose to use the sentiments from the stamp set For Unto Us and have stamped it in Evening Evergreen on a piece of Basic White which I have cut out using the dies form the Merriest Moments Dies, it has a lovely stitched edge.


To finish this card for the ladies at class we stamped the 2 sizes of the poinsettias in Cherry cobbler and the large and medium sized solid leaves in Evening Evergreen and cut them out with the  dies from the bundle. We stuck them together and then cut out the centre of the flower out in Copper Foil!
We popped them all up on a dimensional and placed it in the lower left corner of the sentiment.
Rhapsody in craft, Christmas card, Christmas, Merriest Moments Bundle, Merriest Moments, Merriest Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder and Dies, For Unto Us, Merry Melody 3D, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin up!

For the 2nd card I thought I would  step the first one up a bit and add a little with some more elements from the Merriest Moments stamp set.

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas card, Christmas, Merriest Moments Bundle, Merriest Moments, Merriest Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder and Dies, For Unto Us, Merry Melody 3D, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin up!

I first thought what colours go with Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen and Cherry Cobbler and I though Mint Macaron and Sahara Sand would work well so I stamped and die cut some more of the leaves and twigs in those 2 colours and added some Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent sheer ribbon under the poinsettia. I also stamped the berries and 3 sizes of the leaves for the holly and added those.

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas card, Christmas, Merriest Moments Bundle, Merriest Moments, Merriest Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder and Dies, For Unto Us, Merry Melody 3D, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin up!


For my 3rd card today I have CASED Tami White and just changed a little bit of her idea. I loved it as the classic Navy Blue and White were just stunning so I had to share while I was using this bundle.
Rhapsody in craft, Christmas card, Christmas, Merriest Moments Bundle, Merriest Moments, Merriest Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder and Dies, For Unto Us, Merry Melody 3D, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin up!
I love the way the Basic White foliage pops on the Night of Navy card. The base of the card is Embossed with the Merry Melody 3D embossing folder this time instead of the Merriest Moments Embossing folder. I thought it was appropriate considering the sentiment was Hark the Herald Angels Sing!

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas card, Christmas, Merriest Moments Bundle, Merriest Moments, Merriest Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder and Dies, For Unto Us, Merry Melody 3D, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin up!

Well these cards were so much fun to put together with this bundle I hope that you have enjoyed having a bit a of a look today at the Merriest Moments Bundle.

If you have any questions or would like help in making these cards please do not hesitate in contacting me.


Now is the time to head to the next incredible creative person who is Tina Gillespie, I always love seeing her take on a new template each week. Just hit the next blog button now to go straight to her blog.


Now if you happen to have an issue with any of the next blog buttons not working just come back here to my blog as I have the privilege of hosting this week and you will find the list of participants below and you can continue your hop from there anytime you find any technical issues.

Tina Gillespie
Kate Morgan
Andrea Sargent
Caroline Manwaring
Christine Blain
Theresa Gerrard
Catherine Proctor
Ros Davidson
Rosa Leyden
Kathryn Mangelsdorf
Sharon Davern  <=You are here

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,




7 comments:

Andrea said...

Three beautiful cards Sharon. I love this bundle and adore how you have used it. The church ladies would have been delighted with their card. Your stepped up version is luscious with foliage. As you said the Night of Navy and White card is stunning. All so lovely. Xxx

Tina said...

Oh, Sharon, these cards are lovely! I'm sure your ladies would have loved making the green card, as it's very beautiful. I adore the navy card, though! The crisp white looks amazing.

Kate Morgan said...

Wow, Sharon, I love that you shared your card making talents with your church ladies and your stepped up version is beautiful with the extra pieces of foliage and ribbon. The last one is very striking in navy and white, gorgeous.

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon I love how you have showcased the Merriest Moments bundle for the crafter at different levels of experience. The layering in your second card is really lovely and the navy blue and white combo is stunning and especially the sentiment you have chosen.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

BEAUTIFUL use of my favourite Christmas product bundle, Sharon! I love what you and the ladies at church made, and agree that the navy and white version is really striking. Lovely, lovely cards.

Cathy Proctor said...

Oh those lucky church ladies, Sharon - what a fabulous class! Both your cards are stunning but because I'm a blue and white girl, my fave is definitely the second card.

Carussell Crafts said...

I can just imagine what a lovely morning you all shared making your lovely cards, Sharon. The navy and white card is so striking. It’s a lovely bundle, that I don’t have, and these cards showcase it beautifully.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...