Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 15 November 2021

Week 20 - Heart of Christmas 2021


Welcome to Week 20 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. Can you believe we are nearly at the end of our Heart of Christmas Blog hops for 2021, just another couple of weeks to go.

This week I am going to show you a quick card that I saw on line from a friend in the US and I thought it was just sweet and simple and you could make multiple of this without much effect.

  

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Christmas, Christmas cards, Merry Melody 3D embossing folder, Basic Border Dies, Stampin' Blends, #heartofchristmas2021,#artwithheart,#rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!

For this card I have used a lot of tone on tone with the Very Vanilla card stock and I have used the lovely large Angel from Angels of Peace. It is such a beautiful stamp.

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Christmas, Christmas cards, Merry Melody 3D embossing folder, Basic Border Dies, Stampin' Blends, #heartofchristmas2021,#artwithheart,#rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!

I started with the Thick Very Vanilla card base and then on regular Very Vanilla I embossed using the Merry Melody 3D embossing folder as we all know Angels love to sing! Before adhering the sheet music to the card base I have wrapped around the scalloped lace ribbon and tied a bow. 

I have then stamped the Angel in Basic Gray onto a piece of Very Vanilla which I have cut to size and then die cut a border on the side with the Basic Border Dies. Doesn't it look like the Angel is singing in the clouds! Adhere that on with some dimensionals and then attach a small sentiment and you can be finished or you could add some genial gems.

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Christmas, Christmas cards, Merry Melody 3D embossing folder, Basic Border Dies, Stampin' Blends, #heartofchristmas2021,#artwithheart,#rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!

I decided that I would add a little bling to the card with the genial gems and by adding some colour to the Angel with the stampin' blends. Either way the Angel is still singing and you can make multiple of this card in no time.

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Christmas, Christmas cards, Merry Melody 3D embossing folder, Basic Border Dies, Stampin' Blends, #heartofchristmas2021,#artwithheart,#rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!

Now is the time to head to the next person on our Heart of Christmas Journey and this week it will be the lovely Tina Gillespie. I love to see how she interprets a card sketch each week to help us get our Christmas card stash up an so that we will have plenty of cards ready to go for Christmas. Just click the next blog button to go there now.


Now if for any reason we have a technical issue with the next blog buttons at any time on your journey around our blog hop you can go to this week's host Tina Gillespie's blog and she will have the list of those participating and you can continue you hop from there. Tina's Blog.

Thank you for spending some Christmas Crafty time with me today, take care,



7 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Stunning. Are Sharon, I love your use of the cloud border dies on these cards. I slightly prefer the coloured image.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Very pretty cards, Sharon. Yes, that border die does make it look like your angels are singing in the clouds; just lovely. The Very Vanilla is very calming, and I especially like the angel with touches of colour. Such sweet cards. x

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, yes, she is singing in the clouds - what a great way to use that border die! I love the soft touch of colour and that you have used Very Vanilla instead of white, for a warmer tone. Beautiful xx

Tina said...

Oh, how pretty! My first thought was that the angel was sining in the clouds, LOL. They are both so beautiful, but I do love the touches of colour on your second card - just the right amount.

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon that angel is a real beauty and I love what you have done with the tone on tone layers and the cloud border die. The colours in the angel match perfectly with the genisl gems.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, that is the most genius use of the border die - how clever to bring together the border die, the embossed background and the angel - would it be too corny to say, they are all a match made in heaven?

Michele and Stephen said...

Your cards may be simple Sharon but they are also very pretty and ever so sweet. The embossed background really sets off the perfect angel.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...