Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 8 November 2021

Week 19 - Heart of Christmas

 



Welcome to week 19 of the Heart of Christmas blog Hop for 2021. This week I will be creating for you something a little different. I have used the Give it a Whirl dies to create my card. I know a little different but I saw this idea on Jini Merck's page and thought I would give it a go.
Rhapsody in craft, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Wise Men Tidings Dies, Give it a Whirl Dies, Peaceful Place Specialty DSP, Round and Square Brads, Silver Foil Specialty Pack, Blending Brushes, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up, Christmas, Christmas Cards, #heartofchristmas2021, #heartofchristmas


I have paired the Give it a Whirl dies with the Great Tidings Bundle and the 3 Wise Men are are bringing the joy of their gifts with each spin of the little wheel.


Rhapsody in craft, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Wise Men Tidings Dies, Give it a Whirl Dies, Peaceful Place Specialty DSP, Round and Square Brads, Silver Foil Specialty Pack, Blending Brushes, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up, Christmas, Christmas Cards, #heartofchristmas2021, #heartofchristmas

Now I have hidden the brad in the City of David but if you didn't want to have the City of David you could hide the brad behind a star or a Wise Man's head.

After I cut out the wheel for the sentiments and picture to go behind our cut out window in the Peaceful Place Specialty DSP with all the silver snowflake stars I put the wheel back over the top, lined up the stamp, picked it up with my Stamp-a-ratus plate removed the wheel so I could put the magnets in place in case I wanted to stamp more than once and stamped the image. I didn't do that with the first one I just eye balled it. I will let you guess which one that was before I got a clue!
Rhapsody in craft, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Wise Men Tidings Dies, Give it a Whirl Dies, Peaceful Place Specialty DSP, Round and Square Brads, Silver Foil Specialty Pack, Blending Brushes, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up, Christmas, Christmas Cards, #heartofchristmas2021, #heartofchristmas

I have used the beautiful blending brushes to add a little Night of Navy to the Wheel of sentiment and the sentiment on the front of the card so that it wasn't so start white against the silver and Night of Navy card and you know I can't resist the Stampin' Blends, there are a few different colours today but still my trusty Blackberry bliss! Oh the silver star is from the Give it a Whirl dies.

If you would like any information at any time about today's card or any of your crafty needs please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next person on the our journey and today you will be heading to Andrea Sargent, I love her eye for detail, her ability to use different techniques and her cards are always so beautiful. Just hit the next blog button now to be taken to this very talented lady to see what she has for us this week.

I have the privilege to host this week the very talented group of ladies and if for any reason there is a technical issue you can come back to my blog and continue you hop from here with the list of those participating just below. 

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today,
take care,


7 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Great, creative, use of these dies, Sharon. I laughed heartily at your description of your "eye-balling" technique ... meh, sometimes it works beautifully, sometimes it's a little "off", but the beauty is, it's handmade!

Cathy Proctor said...

This is such a wonderful use of those dies, Sharon. These dies and that stamp set work so wonderfully together!

Tina said...

I am totally an eye-baller, so I am very impressed with your efforts to use your Stamparatus. It's a great card, and I agree that the navy ink on the spinner was the right move.

Kate Morgan said...

Well there you go, those dies work great with this stamp set! I bought these dies and still haven't used them, now I am inspired to try them with other stamps. Love the gorgeous colours you'ver used on your kings.

Rosa Leyden said...

This is a fabulous idea to use the spinner with this stamp and die set. Love the night sky DSP and blended Night of Navy ink.

theresa said...

Eye-balling is what makes our cards unique and look very much individual and handmade. Another lovely card Sharon

Carussell Crafts said...

I love this card Sharon, it’s lovely. The colours, the creativeness, the interactive element, I really love it! A beautiful handmade Christmas card.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...