Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 29 November 2021

Week 22 - Heart of Christmas 2021

 

Well this is week 22 of our journey of all things Christmas and our final blog hop for this year for the Heart of Christmas. I do hope you have enjoyed hopping along with us and that you have a lovely lot of Christmas cards ready to go.

Well for the last fold of this series of Christmas blog hops I have searched for yet another fancy fold to share with you and I have come across a quadruple step card. I had to try it and I converted it to Centimetres from Inches and it worked quite well so here goes.

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Tidings, Tidings and Trimmings, Tidings and Trimmings Bundle, Christmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Quadruple step card, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchrismtas2021, #loveitchopit, Stampin up

I have used the gorgeous Tidings and Trimmings Bundle and the Tidings of Christmas DSP to create this card with lots of copper foil.

This card starts with a base of Evening Evergreen 20.5 x 25 cm around 8 x 10 inches and that is where the fun comes in and you measure and score and cut and fold until you have all these wonderful steps off the centre of your card.

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Tidings, Tidings and Trimmings, Tidings and Trimmings Bundle, Christmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Quadruple step card, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchrismtas2021, #loveitchopit, Stampin up

If you look at my card from the inside where I have placed some of the DSP and some Basic White so that you can write to the recipient of the card you can see all the wonderful folds with out the decorations.

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Tidings, Tidings and Trimmings, Tidings and Trimmings Bundle, Christmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Quadruple step card, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchrismtas2021, #loveitchopit, Stampin up

Here is another view of the steps to give you an idea of the fold.

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Tidings, Tidings and Trimmings, Tidings and Trimmings Bundle, Christmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Quadruple step card, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchrismtas2021, #loveitchopit, Stampin up

No for the front I have cut out the Tidings of Christmas DSP and layered that on to the copper foil before adding the decorations. I have stamped and cut out  using the dies the twigs, berries and leaves using the Christmas tripping dies after doing a little bit of stamping with  Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent and Cherry Cobbler ink. I have done the same with the stockings and added a Basic Gray one in as well for a little bit of contrast with the DSP and also to tie in to the Sentiments which I stamped in Basic Gray and then fussy cut around so that you could see the gorgeous copper Star which is layered onto some more DSP.

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Tidings, Tidings and Trimmings, Tidings and Trimmings Bundle, Christmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Quadruple step card, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchrismtas2021, #loveitchopit, Stampin up

I have also added some of the In Color Ribbon which is just beautiful to the centre piece. 

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Tidings, Tidings and Trimmings, Tidings and Trimmings Bundle, Christmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Quadruple step card, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchrismtas2021, #loveitchopit, Stampin up

Now it will lay flat and fit perfectly into a C5 envelope if you didn't want to try an make your own. Now I need to go an make a template so I don't forget how I made it and so I can make some more in the future!

If you have any questions at anytime about today's project or any of your craft needs do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our Heart of Christmas blog hop Andrea Sargent. I love seeing her creativity each week. Please hit the next blog button now so that you will go straight to her blog.

Tina Gillespie is our host for the last week of Heart of Christmas 2021 so if there are any technical issues please head over to Tina's Blog and she will have the list of all those participating this week and you can continue your Christmas hop from there.

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, Merry Christmas and take care, 



7 comments:

Rosa Leyden said...

A very impressive fancy fold Sharon decorated beautifully with the different Christmas dies of stockings, stars and berries. I would love to try this one!

Michele and Stephen said...

Speechless Sharon. You have outdone yourself. As they say - you have saved the best for last.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Good grief - this is ornate! What a creation! I love the copper star, and your use of those beautiful papers, Sharon. Far too complicated a fold for me to consider making, but I love that you present it as being so easy. LOL.

Cathy Proctor said...

*jaw dropping on floor* Oh my goodness, Sharon, you have really outdone yourself this week! What an incredible fancy fold you have made– I don't know how you keep coming up with these folds!

Tina said...

My goodness! What a glorious card! It truly is a spectacular work of art!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, Sharon, this isn't a card, it's a huge project! There are so many details to take in and it is spectacular, my friend.

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh My Goodness, Sharon. The first word that popped into my head was, WOW! I am almost speechless from looking at the wonder of your amazing card. What a fabulous card to finish with for our last HOC for 2021! You have showcased this lovely bundle and DSP beautifully. You certainly have retained the title of our Fun Fold Queen. xx

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...