Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 2 October 2023

Heart of Christmas - Week 9 - 2023

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Gatefold card, Fancy fold card, Christmas Card, A Walk in the Forest, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!

Welcome to another fun week of the Heart of Christmas. It is always a great day when it is the Heart of Christmas day and we get to share all the wonderful Christmas inspiration with you.

This week I have a Gate Fold Fun Fold Card for you will a belly band. I have used the Merriest Trees Bundle for my card this week and the A Walk in the Forest DSP. It simply makes card making so much easier this gorgeous DSP and stamp and die bundle.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Gatefold card, Fancy fold card, Christmas Card, A Walk in the Forest, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!
For my card base I have used Garden Green and a layer of Cherry Cobbler with a layer of the gorgeous A Walk in the Forest DSP. 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Gatefold card, Fancy fold card, Christmas Card, A Walk in the Forest, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!
As this is a gate fold card I have a belly band around the card of Cherry Cobbler and the DSP I have stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed in white embossing powder and then cut out with the Merriest Trees Dies. This was on Pretty Peacock card.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Gatefold card, Fancy fold card, Christmas Card, A Walk in the Forest, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!
After taking off the belly band and opening the gate fold card you are presented with 2 Christmas trees. The Christmas trees I have die cut out of the A Walk in the forest DSP. I have also cut out the garland and stars in Gold Foil. I stamped the stem of the tree in Pecan Pie and I have cut out the tree skirt in Pecan Pie as well.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Gatefold card, Fancy fold card, Christmas Card, A Walk in the Forest, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!

I have attached the trees to an extra folded back section that I have cut around the shape of the tree so you don't have a big section of card at the top.

If you have any questions about my project today please don't hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our Heart of Christmas journey this week. This week you will be heading to the amazing Rachel Woollard, I can't wait to see what she has for us this week. Hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.
If at any time one of the next blog buttons don't work you can come back here and continue your hop from the list of the Art with Heart team participating today.
Andrea Sargent
Kate Morgan
Michele Taylor
Tina Gillespie
Christine Blain
Caroline Manwaring
Rosa Leyden
Judy May
Sharon Davern <= You are here
Rachel Woollard

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,


9 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh, I love how the two Christmas trees stand to the sides of the card when opened, Sharon! This is one of my favourite Christmas bundle (as evidenced by the number of times I've used it already for my blogged cards, ha ha). I love what you've done with it!

Rachel Woollard said...

Such a clever fancy fold card Sharon to have the two trees overlapping and then secured with the belly band and a third tree.

Tina said...

I was marvelling over your layered tree on the front, and then you showed a photo of the card open. WOW!!! Your card is amazing!

Andrea said...

A wonderful Christmas Tree Gate-fold card Sharon. I love it. The layering of your trees when the belly band is in place is gorgeous and then the card opens … It looks amazing with trees standing on each side. xxx

Judy May said...

Such a fun and clever fancy fold, Sharon. The trees look fabulous standing guard on the gates!

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon your gate-fold card looks fabulous when you opened the card and I love how the trees layer nicely when clising the card.

Carussell Crafts said...

Wow - another amazing card from our Fun-Fold Queen! The recipient of this card will get a lovely surprise when they take off that belly band and they see the twin Christmas trees. A truly lovely creation my friend. xx

Kate Morgan said...

Oh wow, I love how this card presents when open, with a tree on both sides. The belly band with the Pretty Peacock card is so clever how it sits in front of the other trees, amazing!

Michele Taylor said...

Wow!!! Another amazing fancy fold Sharon. The layered Christmas trees are stunning and I love how the card opens to reveal more. Another card that will look beautiful displayed in the recipient's home this festive season.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...