Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 30 August 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 18 - Coastal Cabana

 

Rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,Coastal Cabana, Fancy Fold, Bendy Bendy Window Card, Birthday Card, Seasonal Branches, Dies, Seasonal Branches, Inked Botanicals, Deckled Circle Dies, #colourcreationsblog hop, Stampin' Up, #loveitchopit, Art With Heart, #artwithheart


Welcome to the Coastal Cabana Colour Creations Blog Hop for 2023. 


Today I am will be bringing you a birthday card as a request from my daughter. She did not request a fancy fold but I had to do this fancy fold when I saw it on Frenchies Stamps Blog, A Canadian Stampin' Up demonstrator!

Frenchie called her card a Bendy Window card, I will call mine a Bendy, Bendy Window card. She got the inspiration from another demonstrator so live on the Bendy, Bendy Window cards!

Rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,Coastal Cabana, Fancy Fold, Bendy Bendy Window Card, Birthday Card, Seasonal Branches, Dies, Seasonal Branches, Inked Botanicals, Deckled Circle Dies, #colourcreationsblog hop, Stampin' Up, #loveitchopit, Art With Heart, #artwithheart

So let me do a quick talk through of the card. The basics of the card is 4 card fronts folded in half and then stuck together after decorating! Then add a window sheet on the front! Sound simple doesn't it!
Here is the colour combination that I used. I have added the gorgeous Inked Botanicals colours to this palette that are in this particular sheet of DSP that I used along with the added Soft Sea Foam and our in the spot light colour Coastal Cabana so that you could see them all together!
Rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,Coastal Cabana, Fancy Fold, Bendy Bendy Window Card, Birthday Card, Seasonal Branches, Dies, Seasonal Branches, Inked Botanicals, Deckled Circle Dies, #colourcreationsblog hop, Stampin' Up, #loveitchopit, Art With Heart, #artwithheart
So this is the front of the front of the card without the window sheet. For this I have cut a card base of Coastal Cabana of 14.9 cm x 10.5 cm and folded it in half then layered the gorgeous Inked Botanicals DSP on that. The Curved front section was created by making a layer of Coastal Cabana smaller than card front by 1 cm border all round and then adding a cm on each edge to fold under to adhere to the front of the card. I then used my bone folder to help give the card a bend. Once I had stamped the sentiment I knew which one of the Deckled Circle Dies I could use to cut out the sentiment and also the section in the front and then in the DSP before adhering it all together.
Rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,Coastal Cabana, Fancy Fold, Bendy Bendy Window Card, Birthday Card, Seasonal Branches, Dies, Seasonal Branches, Inked Botanicals, Deckled Circle Dies, #colourcreationsblog hop, Stampin' Up, #loveitchopit, Art With Heart, #artwithheart


Under the sentiment I have also popped a little bridge for it to sit on so that it pops out when open. I then stamped the stem in Lost Lagoon, the leaves in Soft Sea Foam and the Flowers in Coastal Cabana and added a little bit more Coastal Cabana and Crushed Curry with my blender pen to the flowers before cutting them out with the Seasonal Dies. I added all of these with Mini Glue dots so they can move flexibly. Can you see that I have added the window sheet in this photo. It needs to be the same height as the card front but for the width leave an extra 2 mm on each side when you fold over the 1 cm extra to wrap over the front just to give yourself some space for the front decorations. You want your card flat!
Rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,Coastal Cabana, Fancy Fold, Bendy Bendy Window Card, Birthday Card, Seasonal Branches, Dies, Seasonal Branches, Inked Botanicals, Deckled Circle Dies, #colourcreationsblog hop, Stampin' Up, #loveitchopit, Art With Heart, #artwithheart

For the back of the card so that you have somewhere to write your message to the recipient, you again cut a card front and fold in half layer with your Inked Botanicals DSP then stamp a little greeting from the Seasonal Branches Stamp set in Coastal Cabana, bend you card with the bone folder and when you adhere make sure the card is flat.
Rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,Coastal Cabana, Fancy Fold, Bendy Bendy Window Card, Birthday Card, Seasonal Branches, Dies, Seasonal Branches, Inked Botanicals, Deckled Circle Dies, #colourcreationsblog hop, Stampin' Up, #loveitchopit, Art With Heart, #artwithheart

To adhere your front to the back create the 2 more card fronts (now you have 4 ) fold them in half. Half adhered to the back and half to the front.
Rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,Coastal Cabana, Fancy Fold, Bendy Bendy Window Card, Birthday Card, Seasonal Branches, Dies, Seasonal Branches, Inked Botanicals, Deckled Circle Dies, #colourcreationsblog hop, Stampin' Up, #loveitchopit, Art With Heart, #artwithheart

Now you can see all the layers and the bends easily from the top of the card.

Rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,Coastal Cabana, Fancy Fold, Bendy Bendy Window Card, Birthday Card, Seasonal Branches, Dies, Seasonal Branches, Inked Botanicals, Deckled Circle Dies, #colourcreationsblog hop, Stampin' Up, #loveitchopit, Art With Heart, #artwithheart

And yes it does fold flat and go into our envelopes!

Here is a little video


I am sure you are thinking "Sharon you said 4 card fronts, easy!" Well it is 4 card fronts all glued together the hardest part was working it all out with a migraine today and my son kept messaging me at the same time! Seriously they know it is Colour Creations Day! LOL!

I hope you enjoy this fancy fold and can understand a little of my ramblings if not please do contact me and I will be so happy to get back to you!

Now is the time to head to the next very talented team member and this week you will be heading to our lovely host Cathy Proctor. So hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.

If for any reason while you are on your journey around and one of the links don't work just head to Cathy's blog and she will have a list of all those participating in the Coastal Cabana Colour Creations Blog Hop: Cathy's Blog.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,






5 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Your bendy bendy window card will make for a unique gift for a special someone, Sharon! You have decorated it beautifully. Can't believe you managed this with a migraine (and other challenges!).

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, I seriously cannot believe you created this fancy fold with a migraine! I don't have a migraine and I still can't work out how you made it, even after watching your fabulous video. I take my hat off and bow down to you, the queen of all fancy folds!!!!

Andrea said...

Oh wow - another amazing fancy fold Sharon. I’m sure the recipient will be delighted. Even with your struggle through a continuing migraine you have created something special to bless another. I love your choice of DSP with the fold and the way you showcased the sentiment. All so gorgeous. xxx

theresa said...

Sharon your bendy bendy window card is just lovely and soft. The paper you have used is just perfect for it. Your daughter is very lucky to have such a creative mother even when she has a migraine.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh boy, what a beautiful bendy, bendy window card. I'm not sure how you function with your migraines, especially to create such an ornate card. The soft colour palette is so pretty and feminine. Take care xx

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...