Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 23 October 2019

Stampin' Up! - Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 10


Tonight, for week 10 of the Heart of Christmas I will be bringing to you another card from the gorgeous Toile Tidings stamp set and Christmas Cardinal dies. I brought you a card a few weeks ago but thought I would go back and do a little series using this stamp set and dies.

Today is such a beautiful day in Melbourne but as in springtime we will be back in the cold weather again by the weekend. I quite like the warm part of spring weather not the up down nature of it. So grab a cuppa and have fun hopping along with the team tonight!


Well my card this week I tried to use a lot of the elements of the Toile tidings suite that can be found starting on page 5 of the 2019 Holiday catalogue.
Toile Christmas, Toile Tidings DSP, Christmas Cardinals Dies, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Christmas Cards, Stampin' Blends, Christmas, Stampin' Up, Rhapsody in craft, Art with Heart



I have used Thick Very Vanilla as the card base and layered basic grey over the top and another layer off normal very vanilla. In the top very vanilla layer, I have used the swirl dies in the Christmas Cardinal die set to cut out a pretty border then placed a piece of the Toile Tidings DSP right up close.
Toile Christams, Toile Tidings DSP, Christmas Cardinal Dies, Stampin' Blends, Christmas Cards, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Toile Tidings DSP, Rhapsody in craft, Art with heart, Stampin' Up!
I have used a strip of Basic grey right down the center of the card with a piece Garden Green Double Stitched ribbon.

In this lovely stamp set you not only get the gorgeous cardinal but the lovely branches as well and I have stamped the largest branch on very vanilla in soft suede and cut it out with the dies. I have also cut the large branch out with the in vellum to soften the look. I have cut the smaller branches out in soft suede, garden green, and vellum to go under the gorgeous male red Cardinal.

To colour the cardinal, I have used the Stampin’ Blends, light and dark real red and light and dark soft suede after stamping him in black memento ink! He is such a beautiful bird to colour and I love that we have a die to cut him out with. I have popped him up on some dimensionals.


I have stamped the sentiment in Soft suede from the stamp set and the die set cuts this out as well. It is such a great set to have and if you buy it in a bundle you save 10% so I would highly recommend you do that if you can. Buy in bundles!

Thank you for spending some time with me today now please jump on over to our host the lovely Claire Daly to see who else is hopping along tonight.



Don't forget that the amazing 15% off sale is on until 11:50 p.m. tonight AET. Just click on the picture to go directly to my online store to shop the stamp sale and get your bargains! Who doesn't love a bargain? I know I do!

If you would like any information on how to make this card or to purchase the lovely products to make this card and the rest of the cards that I will be bringing you in this series in time for you sending your cards for Christmas don't hesitate to contact me.


Take Care,

6 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful! I am totally loving this Cardinal as you know. Love your colouring. Thanks for playing along with week 10 of Heart of Christmas.

Judy May said...

Lovely card, Sharon and super colouring. I need to get some ink on this set really soon!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my gosh, your colouring of that cardinal is stunning Sharon. I love those swirls too!

Diane Furniss said...

Love this card Sharon, and your blending and colouring are perfect.

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh wow Sharon, I just love the combination of colours on your card, and your cardinal is so beautiful! I love the swirly panel too. x

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

Beautiful colouring of the cardinal Sharon. Lets hope we have some warmer weather in Melbourne soon!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...