Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 9 October 2019

Stampin' Up! Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 8


Can you believe it is 11 weeks until Christmas? I can't and that means it is 11.5 weeks until my significant birthday! Ssh! I am not allowed to get older! So we can just push the stop button now please and have a little rest until I am ready for the big 50!

So as promised last week I will be bringing you a card from my Merry Moose series for week 8 of the Heart  of Christmas. Well ok I made 2 to finish of the series and to show the versatility of this stamp set.

Merry Moose, Merry moose punch, Christmas cards, Wrapped in plaid DSP, night before Christmas DSP, Heart of Christmas, Rhapsody in craft, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart.

I made another crumb cake card to go with one I made a couple of weeks ago this time without the copper hammer metal panel.


I have also stamped the Christmas tree in soft suede for a little added softness and rearranged the the circle panels. Just to show you what you can do with the almost the same items and get a slightly different look.

Merry Moose, Night before Christms DSP, Hammer Metal 3D Embossing Folder, Christmas Cards, Rhapsody in Craft, Heart of Christmas, Stampin' Up
Here they are side by side so you understand what I mean. Still both gorgeous products used ever so slightly differently. I am just loving the ribbon from the Come together combo it is so soft!

The stitched shaped dies and layering circle dies were used to cut out the each segment of the images and for vellum behind the images.

For my other Merry Moose card I changed it up a little and our naughty Mr Morris Moose from last week has had enough partying in the village and is on his way back home.
Merry Moose, Merry Moose Punch, Wrapped in Plaid DSP, Stitched shaped framelit dies, Christmas cards, Rhapsody in craft, Heart of Christmas, Stampin' up

For this card I have taken the colours from the Wrapped in plaid designer series paper, specifically the shaded spruce and the cherry cobbler. You can see the panel behind our Merry Moose and layered with cherry cobbler on a base card of shaded spruce. I have stamped the large tree from the set in shaded spruce on the large stitched shaped square and added the gorgeous copper star element. I love these copper stars! I popped it onto a large cherry cobbler square from the layering square framelit dies. Behind our tired partied out Mr Morris the Merry Moose I have used the smaller tree and stamped again in shaded spruce 3 times without inking before stamping each time. Mr Moose has been stamped in crumb cake and outlined stamped in soft suede before the coordinating Moose punch came into play. His cherry cobbler scarf and hat were stamped and fussy cut. You may notice a few footprints just under his feet, well that is another one of the stamps in the set. Really cool! He has been popped up on some dimensionals.

Our greetings also come from the same stamp set and I have used the stitched shaped die to cut out the top one and then the layering ovals dies to cut out the cherry cobbler for the backing. Happiest of Holidays greeting was punched out with the classic label punch and then I punch another one in cherry cobbler and cut it in half just so we could see the edges.

Well whether you make a set of cards using the Merry Moose set or another stamp set you can sure use the layouts of the cards and the colours from the DSP for your inspiration but really who wouldn't want to make cards with this gorgeous stamp set. Mr Morris the Merry Moose is so much fun!


We have made 9 using this stamp set, a 6x6 one sheet wonder, 3 traditional red and green and 2 gorgeous crumb cake Christmas tree present cards. Thanks for sharing in the fun with Mr Morris the Merry Moose.

Now for some more Christmas inspiration please head over to the lovely Tina Gillespie's blog who is hosting our hop for the list of participants this week.

If you would like any information about these card or would like the 2019 Holiday catalogue please don't hesitate to contact me.


Thank you so much for spending some time with me today, take care,


15 comments:

Carussell Crafts said...

A fantastic set of cards featuring Mr Morris, Sharon. What great versatility you've shown us with the variety of lovely designs. I have really enjoyed seeing what this naughty moose gets up to each week - he must be exhausted! x

Claire said...

You have been so busy with Mr Morris the Moose Sharon. He sure is versatile. Exciting to hear the big 50 is coming up. Didn't you know 50 is the new 40?

Cathy Proctor said...

I love what you're doing with Mr Morris Sharon and excited your big 50 is coming up! Welcome to the 50 club (in a few wekks time) xxx

Judy May said...

Great set of cards to showcase this stamp set, Sharon. I think the Mr Moose cards on the right are my fave,

Kate Morgan said...

Oh Sharon, I look forward to your Merry Moose cards each week! I especially love your second card today, with all those lovely layers!

Michele Taylor said...

Sharon, this is not a stamp set that I would normally consider purchasing but your lovely set of cards has certainly got me thinking.

Diane Furniss said...

Lovely cards Sharon, It's not a stamp set that appealed to me, but you have done a lovely job show casing this stamp set.

Sharon said...

Thanks Caroline, yes I think he is very exhausted from all his fun excursions to town to have fun with the Christmas festivities!

Sharon said...

Great to hear that 50 is the new 40 I think I could use some more sleep! I think he was a fun stamp set Mr Merry Moose!

Sharon said...

Thank you Cathy, he has been very fun to work with Mr Morris. Yes I can't believe that 50 is just a few weeks away. xx

Sharon said...

Thank you Judy, yes I had a great time making that set on the right!

Sharon said...

Thanks Kate, Merry Moose has been a fun stamp set to work with this year. I really love the layers on the second card too!

Sharon said...

Hi Michelle, thank you, yes it is quite a different stamp set for most of us here in Australia and I think there is still more I could get out of him!

Sharon said...

Thanks Diane, no it would not be everyone's cup of tea, but I have had fun using it!

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

I love the colours you've chosen for your cards Sharon and you've shown just how versatile this Merry Moose Bundle can be. Do you have plans for your 50th?

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...