Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 1 July 2020

Week 5 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Blushing Bride"



I can't believe we are at week 5 already. Time is flying past when it comes to these Colour Showcases maybe not so much when it comes to the isolation and restrictions in other parts of our lives. How are you going? There are days that a good and then when we are really struggling in our house that is for sure!

Tonight I have managed to make 2 cards for this weeks Colour Creations Showcase.

This week Blushing Bride

Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Forever Blossoms, Cherry Blossom Dies, Arrange a Wreath Bundle, Stampin' Up, 2020-21 Catalogue

For the first card I did a kind of fancy fold but not really. It is kind of a half dutch door or half a gate card. I really don't know what to call it. Anyway.... I cut the Blushing Bride card stock in half vertically at 10.5 cm. Then folded it in half like a normal card and then cut the front half in half and got rid of the top half. I'm sure that makes complete sense! 😂 (Sounds like the tongue twisters that my kids were just doing) That is why I like photos!

My colour combination for this card is a tried and true combination of pink, green and brown. So add in the gorgeous Stampin' Up! colours and Designer series paper and you can't go wrong.
Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, Cinnamon Cider, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Gold foil, Stampin' Up!
Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Forever Blossoms, Cherry blossoms Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Ornate Gardens speciality DSP

I thought straight away of cherry blossoms even though we are in winter in Australia. I have already seen daffodils come up. I think they are a little confused about the seasons. 
So I stamped all the cherry blossoms from the Forever Blossoms Stamp Set and cut them out with the Cherry Blossoms Dies.  That was the easy bit then I just went to town adding little bits until I was happy with how it looked. 
Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Forever Blossoms, Cherry Blssoms Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Fancy fold, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Staminp' Up Catalogue

I stamped Mint Macaron leaves and cut them out, cut out gold foil flower centres and leaves. Little branches in crumb cake and cinnamon cider. A little bit of Cinnamon Cider InColor Ribbon and attach them all to the top of the door.

The Door has been layered with Cinnamon Cider card stock and the gorgeous gold foil and mint macaron paper from the Ornate Garden Specialty DSP.

The inside of the Card I have stamped the sentiment but it is also the outside of the card. I know tricky! I liked the Thinking of you from the Woven Heirlooms Stamp set and I thought it would be perfect for this card. Check out all the products at the end of the post.
Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Forever Blossoms, Cherry Blssoms Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Fancy fold, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Staminp' Up Catalogue


For my second card I thought, I still have time and I wanted to break out the new Arrange a wreath Bundle that I hadn't had a play with yet and I thought it was just great for this colour. So I used the other half of my  Blushing Bride card stock and folded it in half and came up with this card!
Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Arrange A Wreath, Brick & Mortar 3D embossing Folder,Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Stampin' Up Catalogue

The colour combination is the same pink, green and brown but just done a little differently.
Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Magenta Madness, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Stampin' Up!
The Arrange a Wreath bundle is so cute and you can make cards for anytime of the year not just for Christmas.

I just loved the Brick and Mortar 3D embossing folder to put my wreath on it just made the beautiful Blushing bride and wreath pop!

Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Arrange A Wreath, Brick & Mortar 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Stampin' Up Catalogue

For this card I mostly used the dies from the bundle and cut out the wreath in mossy meadow and crumb cake. The flowers in Blushing bride and the new Magenta Madness for a little pop. The 2 flowers are stamped in Blushing bride and then cut out with the dies. The Sentiment comes in the Arrange A Wreath stamp set and is stamped in Blushing bride and I have then cut it out with the Tasteful Label Dies. Of course no wreath is complete with out a bow! 

All the products used are in a list at the end of this post.

Now my dear friend Cathy Proctor is hosting our Colour Creations Showcase so grab a cuppa and head over to her blog to see the list of the team participating this week and see some more creative inspiration for Blushing Bride.  This Week: Blushing Bride


Card 1 Product List

Card 2 Product List
If you have any questions about these cards or would like the new annual catalogue in your hands please do not hesitate to contact me.


Thank you for spending some time with me today,
Take Care,




20 comments:

theresa said...

I love your Build a wreath card Sharon and what a great idea to pop it on to the brink embossing folder.

Kate Morgan said...

Both cards are lovely, Sharon, but I'm still giggling at your explanation of your first one, hehe, thank goodness for photos!
Bingo on your wreath card, yours in beautiful, especially with that dotted tulle.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Lovely cards, Sharon. Great way to showcase two very different designs, using similar colours. It looks like you had great fun with this week's creations!

Tina said...

Two gorgeous cards, Sharon. They are both lovely, but I especially love the bow on the wreath - it's a sweet finishing touch.

Big hugs for the not-so-good days x

Sujatha said...

Yes Sharon, the photos really do help the explanation! Great cards, thank you so much for the ideas!

Fiona Ryan said...

I really love the door card Sharon - the gold flower centres and leaves tie in with the DSP beautifully

Diane Furniss said...

Lovely Cards Sharon, lovely the wreath card and so jealous as I forgot to order mine. Seeing so many love project with is here in the group. Thanks you for sharing your inspirations with us all.

Sharon said...

Thanks Theresa, I love it too and so easy to do 😊

Sharon said...

Thanks Kate, the kids were doing some fun tongue twisters at the time so it made me think my explanation was like that. 😂 I thought the dotted tulle was the icing on the cake too ❤️

Sharon said...

Thanks Christine, yes it was a bit of fun 😊

Sharon said...

Thanks Tina, yes that bow just had to be there. Hugs back xx

Sharon said...

Thanks Su, photos are soooo helpful. 😊

Sharon said...

Thanks Fiona, it was just a little different.

Sharon said...

Thanks Diane, it will be a popular set I think as it is quite versatile.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon I so love the two cards you've made because it shows just how different and colour can look when paired with different colour combinations - and by the way I can't choose a favourite as they are just both so lovely in their own right. Thank you for sharing your Blushing Bride colour inspiration with us xx

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh Sharon, two absolutely beautiful cards! I love them both! No 1 card - simply stunning! No 2 card - oh so pretty! Just gorgeous!

Michele Taylor said...

Both of your cards are beautiful Sharon by do love the second. The colour palette in combination with the Arrange a Wreath bundle and the Brick & Mortar embossing folder is stunning.

Andrea said...

Two beautiful cards Sharon. I love your different colour combos with the different formats. So lovely. xxx

Kathryn Ruddick said...

You always come up with such interesting cards Sharon - fancy folds or other variations I would not have thought of - I love the different inspiration I get from your creations!
This week I particularly like your half-door fold - great idea!

CharonMok said...

I wish I was talented and patient like u. You can get more patterns about cherry blossom pop up card on the website. View more designs from them.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...