Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 13 August 2020

AWHT - Creative Showcase August 2020 - Rainbow Theme



With all that’s happening worldwide at the moment the Art With Heart Team are here with a Rainbow theme Creative Showcase to brighten your day.

Every month the talented ladies share their inspirational ideas in a monthly Showcase and this month our projects are inspired by Rainbows.


I love Rainbows and after it has rained I love to look in the sky to see if we can see any forming through the clouds. My daughter and I like to see if we can work out where they are start and finish and if it is anywhere near where we are driving so that we can pretend we are going to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.


Rainbows also mean promises and my cards tonight reflect that.

Rhapsody in craft, Arrange a wreath, Here's a card, Rainbows, Friendship cards, 2020 annual catalogue, Stampin' Up!, #AWHTCreativeshowcase

I have been rather literal in my interpretation of the rainbow and the colours but I particularly love the sentiment from the Here's A Card stamp set, " I'm here if you need me". Straight to the point and says so much. 

Rhapsody in craft, Arrange a wreath, Here's a card, Rainbows, Friendship cards, 2020 annual catalogue, Stampin' Up!, #AWHTCreativeshowcase

For my first card I have made a little square note card just big enough for the wreath from Arrange A Wreath stamp set. So what colours did I use for my rainbow?

Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Bumblebee, Just Jade, Misty Moonlight, Pacific Point, Highland Heather
Such vibrant and gorgeous colours!

I first had to chose my colours and after much consideration these were the colours. Then I  wanted to do something a little different so I got out the wreath and with the sponge daubers I put a little bit of each colour on the leaves wreath and then stamped that onto the whisper white card stock.

Rhapsody in craft, Arrange a wreath, Here's a card, Rainbows, Friendship cards, 2020 annual catalogue, Stampin' Up!, #AWHTCreativeshowcase


You can see with this close up of the card the rainbow stamped leaves. I then cut out the gorgeous Bonze foil using the Wreath Builder dies and a little flower in each of the colours and just where the colours change to the next I have added the flower.

I have then stamped the sentiment in Highland heather and punched it out with the Classic label punch and popped it up with dimensionals. These would make very cute and lovely note cards to send to friend right now and be a ray of sunshine.


For my second card I used the exact some colours but I used the larger flower die from the Wreath Builder dies this time.

Rhapsody in craft, Arrange a wreath, Here's a card, Rainbows, Friendship cards, 2020 annual catalogue, Stampin' Up!, #AWHTCreativeshowcase
How fantastic, vibrant and happy do these flowers look? I am sure if you made a card for your friend using this flower die they would love it. I have used the same sentiment as my little wreath note card but you could use any sentiment.

Rhapsody in craft, Arrange a wreath, Here's a card, Rainbows, Friendship cards, 2020 annual catalogue, Stampin' Up!, #AWHTCreativeshowcase

You can see from this up close photo that I have layered the flower onto a whisper white piece of card stock that I have first stamped with the sentiment in Memento Black ink and then embossed with the Subtles 3D embossing folder. On the centre of the flowers I have added Gold Glitter enamel dots.



I have layered everything on a card base of Misty Moonlight and Bronze foil!


Hope you liked my little look at the rainbow today and I will have a full list of the products I used at the end of my post.


The next team member to share their Rainbow inspired project is Ros Davidson I always love to see what Ros does she is so creative




If you have a broken link or have come to this blog hop midway, you can view all the participants below:

 

Rachel Woollard

Tina Gillespie

Vicki Boucher

Sharon Davern  <= You are here

Ros Davidson

Catherine Proctor

Caroline Manwaring

Michele Taylor


If you have any questions about my card or would like to get your hands on a paper copy of the Annual or the August-December Mini Catalogues please do not hesitate to contact me.





Product List
Thank you for spending some time with me today,
take care,


7 comments:

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Beautiful cards Sharon, I love the colours you've chosen for your rainbow. Thanks for sharing

Tina said...

Aww, your cards are really beautiful, and you've selected the perfect sentiment. I love the rainbow wreath peeking out from the bottom of the first card, and the rainbow of flowers on the second is just gorgeous.

Cathy Proctor said...

Just beautiful Sharon - I really can't chose a favourite card as I love them both so much. And your larger font makes your blog so much easier to read, thank you!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I'm a sucker for wreaths, but I must say I LOVE the rainbow strip of larger flowers across the front of your second card, Sharon. Beautiful!

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

Both cards are beautiful and I love the colours you've chosen.

Ros said...

Perfect sentiment on some lovely rainbow cards.

Carussell Crafts said...

I love your gorgeous rainbow cards, Sharon. The little square card is just so sweet and I love how you have stamped the background in rainbow colours first before adding the gorgeous flowers. And then you stepped it up again with your second card and more pretty flowers. Love them both!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...