Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 12 August 2020

Week 11 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Coastal Cabana"

 

I am really loving doing our Colour Creations Showcases every week and I must admit that at times I think of only the colour and nothing else. This week I have really only used the colour and white. Hey that is ok sometime monochromatic cards can be very striking!

This week Coastal Cabana!

For my first card I started with the floral essence stamp set and then liked it so much I wanted to see what other stamp I had that I could make it and I thought the butterflies in Butterfly Gala would look great!

Rhapsody In Craft, Coastal Cabana, Floral Essence, Butterfly Gala, Well Written, Colour Creations Showcase, Stampin' Up!

I got the inspiration from a card that I saw made by Michelle Lupton and I thought I would use Stampin' Up! Products to do a bit different version.

Rhapsody In Craft, Coastal Cabana, Floral Essence, Well Written, Colour Creations Showcase, Stampin' Up!

I started with the Thick Whisper white card stock and heat embossed with white flowers or butterflies onto the card. Once the card had cooled I got out the sponge brayer and the Coastal Cabana ink and coloured a band over the embossed flowers.

Rhapsody In Craft, Coastal Cabana, Butterfly Gala, Well Written, Colour Creations Showcase, Stampin' Up!

To create the top layer I used the Peony Dies and cut diagonally on a piece of Whisper white card stock that fit exactly to the same size of the front of the card. You could just go horizontally if you like. I wanted to add just a little bit more interest. I then decided how much of the inked flowers or butterflies I wanted showing and adheres the two parts of the card down. The trimmed the excess to fit the card.

Rhapsody In Craft, Coastal Cabana, Floral Essence, Butterfly Gala, Well Written, Colour Creations Showcase, Stampin' Up!

Using the Well Written dies I cut out "Miss You Friend" as like many of you I miss being with my friends and seeing them in person. And all friends need some bling so I added some basic jewel rhinestones.

For my next next card I CASED the Annual Catalogue on page 103. Go check it out.

Rhapsody In Craft, Coastal Cabana, Lovely You, Dandelion 3D Emboss Colour Creations Showcase, Stampin' Up!

I really loved the effect of the Dandelion 3D embossing folder on the Vellum cardstock so I had to try it for myself and so I thought this was the perfect Colour Creations Show Case Week to try it and I didn't want to wait until Seaside Spray week which is the colour in the example in the catalogue.

Rhapsody In Craft, Coastal Cabana, Lovely You, Dandelion 3D Emboss Colour Creations Showcase, Stampin' Up!

I have paired it with the Lovely you bundle and I just love the sentiment. I have stamped it in Coastal Cabana and cut it out with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch on the widest slot in the punch. I have popped it up on Dimensionals over the the Braided Linen Trim and added a little bow of Gold cord from the Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo Pack from the August -December Mini.

Rhapsody In Craft, Coastal Cabana, Lovely You, Dandelion 3D Emboss Colour Creations Showcase, Stampin' Up!

Doesn't this Dandelion embossed on the Vellum make you think of springtime as a child and blowing on them to see how many time you had to blow for them all to blow away and to chase them. Ah Spring is coming. It really is so effective on the vellum.

Rhapsody In Craft, Coastal Cabana, Floral Essence, Butterfly Gala, Well Written, Lovely You, Dandelion 3D Emboss Colour Creations Showcase, Stampin' Up!

Anyway I hope you like the ideas of my card to night and with the first 2 you could blend some colours together and do different colours and have a whole rainbow of colours. Speaking of which come back tomorrow for our Monthly Art With Heart Creative Showcase as we look at the theme Rainbow.

Now please grab a cuppa and head over to my friend the lovely and talented Cathy Proctor's blog as she hosts our weekly Colour Creations Showcase and she will have the list of those who are lending their incredible talent to the colour of Coastal Cabana: Cathy's Blog

If you have any questions about my cards or would like to have a paper copy of the Annual or New August-December Mini in your hands please do not hesitate to contact me.


take care,

13 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon I always love monochromatic cards and you've really hit it out of the park tonight with these 3 cards - they are all simply stunning. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous Coastal Cabana cards with us tonight xx

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I love both the emboss resist technique, and the dry-embossing of vellum. They work so well with Coastal Cabana! Such pretty cards, Sharon.

Tina said...

My goodness! You've been busy! Your cards are all so wonderful, but the dandelion card is spectacular! I'm glad you didn't wait until Soft Sea Foam week - I hadn't noticed that embossing folder and now I must have it!

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Stunningly subtle cards Sharon, I especially love the Dandelion embossed card

Diane Furniss said...

Wow beautiful cards Sharon, Embossing on vellum looks so pretty.

Claire said...

Beautifl cards my friend. Especially love the emboss resist butterflies.

Michele Taylor said...

Beautiful cards Sharon, all three of them. I do love the embossed dandelions though.

Carussell Crafts said...

Such soft and pretty cards, Sharon. I truly feel so relaxed when I look at them. They have a very calming effect, and I'm sure the recipients will feel the same. I love the split fronts that reveal the stamping and soft colour and both the flower and butterfly images are a great choice. The third card is just beautiful!

Kate Morgan said...

Aww these are so pretty, Sharon, they remind me of something from Tiffany! The embossing resist butterflies especially, are just divine.

Andrea said...

Lovely cards Sharon. They all show Coastal Cabana beautifully. I love embossing vellum and it is gorgeous with the Dandelion Embossing Folder. The split card fronts show the emboss resist panels beautifully. xxx

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Beautiful cards my friend. So pretty and I love how you have showed off the different embossing techniques to highlight how they both work with the one colour.

Ros said...

Wow you've been busy. I love all the cards but the dandelions is my favourite.

teegeeinspirations said...

All of your cards are so pretty Sharon. I actually can't decide on my favourite as they are all lovely. I do always love white embossing. I just wish we had more colour choices in embossing powders

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...