Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 26 August 2020

Week 13 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Crushed Curry"

 


Well here we are at the colour that I am not fond of. Now I like the colour I think it is a gorgeous golden yellow colour. The reason I have a problem with it is that I was asked to make 1000 crowns in this colour a few years ago and in a very short window of time and  it was time consuming and everything I did for some reason something went wrong, so, I have a little bit of trauma around this colour but it really is a lovely golden yellow colour!

This week Crushed Curry

Crushed Curry, Rhapsody in craft, Colour Creations Showcase, Lovely You, Free as a Bird, Forever Flourishing Dies, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Stampin' Up!

For my card tonight I have used many layers and textures to build up my card. I have a family friend who has their 82 year old mother going into hospital tomorrow for cancer surgery and they can't go with her as we are in stage 4 lock down. Life still goes on with all the complexities and I thought a card with the sentiment behind it of I am always here for you might be a little reminder that we can be on the other end of the phone even though we can't physically be there.


Crushed Curry, Rhapsody in craft, Colour Creations Showcase, Lovely You, Free as a Bird, Forever Flourishing Dies,2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Stampin' Up!

I have used Smokey Slate and Crushed Curry as my 2 main colours and I have used the Regals and the Neutrals 6x6 DSP stacks for the added interest in the card tonight and of course I love the Scripty 3D Embossing folder. I have layered the DSP with the Smokey slate after stamping the word "Always" from the Lovely You stamp set by using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch 


My little flower arrangement I have stamped the flower from the Free as a Bird stamp set in Crushed Curry and fussy cut them out. I have popped them up and mini dimensional over 2 vellum leaves, 1 Just Jade leaf, 1 crumb cake seed pod and 2 little soft suede sprigs. These were cut out using the Forever Flourishing dies.  I have spotlighted them on a Whisper white 2" circle punch backed with a scalloped smokey slate circle from the layering circle dies.

Crushed Curry, Rhapsody in craft, Colour Creations Showcase, Lovely You, Free as a Bird, Forever Flourishing Dies,2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Stampin' Up
Of course you want to add some bling because all girls need some bling. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to make this card and need some supplies, don't hesitate to contact me.


Now please grab yourself a cuppa if you haven't already and head over to Catherine's Blog the host of our Colour Creations Showcase each week to see all the lovely creations for crushed curry from the team. I love to see all the creations each week, we have such a talented team and they inspire me with their creativity:  Catherine's Blog

Here is my Product list:
Product List

Thank you for spending some time with me today,
take care,



12 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Well done, you, for moving past the trauma, and embracing this week's feature colour! I really like your use of the Scripty embossing folder, and stamped (but not coloured) flowers on this card, Sharon. Lovely.

Tina said...

Such a thoughtful card, Sharon. You really are a wonderful friend. I'm impressed that you chose to play along this week! Your layers are fantastic, and I love how well you've used Smokey Slate with Crushed Curry.

Carussell Crafts said...

Gorgeous layering and embossing on this really special and really beautiful card, Sharon. Lovely colour combination too. xx

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Gosh Sharon, there are SO many layers on this sweet card! I love Smoky Slate with Crushed Curry and you have made such a gentle card with what I would normally consider a bold colour combination.
I hope all goes well for your friend's mum's surgery - so stressful to not be able to be there. I'm sure your card will be very appreciated.

Andrea said...

Sharon, you are a special lady - so thoughtful and so gutsy. Not only did you previously take on an almost impossible task, but now you face THAT colour and create a fantastic card. Yellow and grey are brilliant together and you show it so well with all the layers and textures. xxx

Cathy Proctor said...

So proud of you Sharon - you've totally knocked this colour out of the park! What a wonderful card for a very special person -I'm sure they will really appreciate it. Thank you for sharing your Crushed Curry inspiration with us this week xx

Rachel Palmieri said...

Loving all those layers Sharon, and I do love those flowers from Free as A Bird too. You have made a most beautiful and cheery card!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh Sharon, those crowns, LOL I always think of you when I see Crushed Curry! I think you have done an amazing job on this one though. I really like the gray and I think it almost softens the tone which is perfect. I love all your layers too.

Michele Taylor said...

I love all your layers Sharon and Smoky Slate is the perfect neutral to use with Crushed Curry. A gorgeous card.

theresa said...

This lockdown really does have some untold sad stories. I love your card it's so nice bright and cheery

Ros said...

Your card is lovely and full of so many layers. I am glad your managed to move past your crown trauma!

Diane Furniss said...

Very pretty, I love the layers.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...