Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 5 August 2020

Week 10 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Cinnamon Cider"


Welcome to week 10 of our Colour Creations Showcase. I can't believe we are already in week 10 and here in Australia we have definitely hit winter over the past 2 days. The city I grew up in never sees snow and there is snow on the ground. It is amazing to see all the photos. My life has taken me to many places around the world because of my husbands work and I have met many wonderful people and being part of the Stampin' Up family I have met many lovely people and made wonderful friends as well, so today as the place where I live now, is in Stage 4 Lock Down and we can't see each other in person this card is for all the wonderful people I call FAMILY.

This week Cinnamon Cider


Beautiful World, Rhapsody in Craft, Cinnamon Cider, Friendship Card, Stampin' Up! Flowers for Everyone DSP, Forever Flourishing Dies

  How fantastic is this stamp set and bundle I love it. The sentiment is just lovely as well.

For this Card I have used our colour of the day Cinnamon Cider and you may be wondering where did I get the designer series paper? Well I am glad you asked! If you look at the Flowers for Every Season Pack of DSP you will find this design on the back of one of the Christmas flower designs.


For the worlds I have stamped these with the Cinnamon Cider ink onto Whisper White Card and then with my sponge dauber I have added a little bit of Seaside Spray ink for the water. I thought the name of the ink was appropriate for the water! I know I was being very literal!😂 After I had finished colouring my world blue! 😂 (I can keep up these 1 liners all night!) I cut out the worlds with the dies from the Beautiful World Bundle.

Beautiful World, Rhapsody in Craft, Cinnamon Cider, Friendship Card, Stampin' Up! Flowers for Everyone DSP, Forever Flourishing Dies

I  with all my world travels what better place than to lay these globes in some beautiful greenery. I used the Forever Flourishing dies from the Forever Greenery Suite and the Forever Fern bundle to lay down just a little bit of colour for the world to sit on. Can you see the gorgeous copper metallic ribbon that is from the new August-December Mini on page 45. It is gorgeous!!! Of course I had to add some bling so the champagne rhinestones were just the thing to finish.


I am very fortunate to have some wonderful friends in my life and this stamp set has this sentiment that I have popped on the inside of the card.


My friends keep me centred, now more than ever, so I added a little compass to the bottom corner on the inside.

Thank you for stopping by to see what I had for you today please head over to my dear friend Catherine Proctor's blog as she hosts our colour creations showcase each week and you will find the list of everyone there who is participating in this weeks Cinnamon Cider Challenge.

If you have any questions about this card or would like the new August-December Mini in your hands  please do not hesitate to contact me.

Take care,


Here is my:
Product List

13 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Oh Sharon, what a wonderful card, what a wonderful world we live in and what a wonderful person you are with your kind words, always putting others first and thinking of your friends. Thanks for inspiring us all with your Cinnamon Cider creation tonight xx

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Stunning card Sharon, I love the sentiment behind it too. We definitely need our friends to center us in these crazy times xx

Kate Morgan said...

Very cool Sharon, I love this with the globes and the foliage and yes, I was questioning where you got that paper!!!!

Christine Blain said...

Great use of this lovely colour, and die cuts, and embellishments, Sharon. Our changes in circumstances this year certainly has us appreciating so much more the things and people we've probably been guilty of taking for granted. Lovely sentiment on your card.

Tina said...

Aww, you have me a little teary! What a wonderful post, and an equally wonderful card!

Rachel Palmieri said...

That striped background gives such a nice crisp feel to your card Sharon. I love the foliage and globes grouped together like that.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Beautiful thoughts from a beautiful lady - and NO! I didn’t have a clue about that paper! Bahahahaha!

Ros said...

Aww your card story is so sweet. I hope you mail it off to someone shortly. I am sure it would be well appreciated.

Judy May said...

Beautiful card, Sharon and the globes look lovely nestled on the greenery. I love that striped background paper too and yes, I know where it comes from, as I've used it too, lol.

theresa said...

Snap on the DSP Sharon! love the sponging of the globes in that way

Michele Taylor said...

Your card is stunning Sharon but your post is the star...it is beautiful. Stay safe.

Diane Furniss said...

Love those strips Sharon, they really set the rest of the card off beautifully.

Carussell Crafts said...

Beautiful use of Cinnamon Cider on your card tonight Sharon. It's fast becoming a favourite colour of mine. Your beautiful words at the beginning of your blog post were so special to read. That copper metallic ribbon is truly gorgeous! This is a beautiful card.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...