Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 19 August 2020

Week 12 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Crumb Cake"

 


Well this weeks colour in the spotlight is a favourite of many in the team at Art with Heart so I am looking forward to all the fun creations and inspiration from the team this week.

This week Crumb Cake.

I was inspired this week by a card I stumbled upon and then my computer crashed and I couldn't find it again so I have given it ago by memory. It wasn't a Stampin' Up card but it reminded my of our travels in Japan last year and I thought I would try and make something a little similar.
The Cherry Blossoms in Japan were just gorgeous!

So tonight I am paying a little honour to our trip.
Lovely You, Cherry Blossoms, Crumb Cake, Magenta Madness, Rhapsody in Craft, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase

For tonight's card I have made good use of my paper trimmer.

To get started I cut a circle and then the inner circle with the stitched shaped dies to give that little window effect in the door. I then used the sponge dauber on a piece of very vanilla card stock to give the vibrant pink coming through the window.
Lovely You, Cherry Blossoms, Crumb Cake, Magenta Madness, Rhapsody in Craft, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase

The overlay of the card is made by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake the same size as the card base and then using a stitched rectangle die the 2nd largest and cutting out the centre of the card. Then the fun began.

I cut little strips of crumb cake card stock and using my Stampin' Up! grid paper I adhered them together onto the cut out rectangle (On the back) with the fine tip glue pen every 1/8 inch mark apart. I did the long up rights first then the horizontal bars.
Lovely You, Cherry Blossoms, Crumb Cake, Magenta Madness, Rhapsody in Craft, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase
While that was drying you may notice behind the lattice I also have a little bit more Magenta Madness ink. I have sponged this onto the card base front where the lattice was going to appear before adhering the lattice front onto the card base.

After the lattice is dry adhere the Vellum card which is cut to the same size as the card base and adhere it to your card front.
Lovely You, Cherry Blossoms, Crumb Cake, Magenta Madness, Rhapsody in Craft, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase
Now it is a matter of cutting out and adhering the gorgeous vibrant cherry blossoms onto the window and lattice. I Have chosen the 2 smaller flowers from the Cherry Blossom dies and used Magenta Madness card stock and Mossy Meadow for the flowers. The Branches are Early Espresso and Every flower needs a bit of bling with some pearls.

I really love the sentiments in the Lovely You Stamp set and I think it is perfect for any card right now!

Now please grab a cuppa and head over to my friend the lovely and talented Cathy Proctor's blog as she hosts our weekly Colour Creations Showcase. She loves Crumb Cake so I am excited to see her projects this week. She will have the list of those team members who are lending their incredible talent to the colour of Crumb Cake this week: Cathy's Blog

If you have any questions about my project today or would like help purchasing product for your creating please do not hesitate to contact me.


Product List
Thank you for spending some time with me today, take care,




11 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Wow - a lot of work, but this is outstanding, Sharon! The lattice looks so good, and the gorgeous pink flowers are beautiful against Crumb Cake. Lovely project.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon this card is superb and a real labour of love - it is made even more special by the photo of your gorgeous daughter! Thank you for inspiring us all with your crumb cake creation!

Rachel Palmieri said...

Oh my, the work to put that lattice together! Such a dramatic combination of colours, totally unexpected but striking. Amazing card Sharon.

Carussell Crafts said...

Wow!!! What an amazing card - it's a piece of art! Magenta Madness and Crumb Cake, how gorgeous! And all those little strips of card-stock that make up your lattice element..... Stunning card, gorgeous colours, you have nailed it!

Judy May said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon. With the amazing lattice screen and cherry blossoms, it does have a very Japanese serenity. I'd love to see the cherry blossoms in full bloom some time.

Sujatha said...

I love your cherry blossom card! Very evocative of the happy time you spent!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh Sharon, that is divine. I adore everything you have done to create this Japanese inspired card. The blossoms to the lattice to the round window, amazing!

Tina said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! Stunning card, and the perfect homage to your trip. All the extra effort and details were so worth it!

Michele Taylor said...

Lovely inspiration photo Sharon. Crumb Cake is the perfect foil to the very bright Magenta Madness. Your card is gorgeous.

theresa said...

Oh wow Sharon so much work in your card with the lattice fence. I think you have captured your memories so very well.

Ros said...

Sharon, your card is a piece of art! It is a truly amazing creation.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...