Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 8 October 2020

AWHT - Creative Showcase October 2020 - All thing Designer Series Paper

 


Tonight we are doing all things Designer Series Paper. Are you like me? Or like I used to be. I would see all the pretty paper and just had to have it but not cut it up and use it! Well no longer! I am using it and it makes gorgeous projects because let's face it, it is SOOOOO pretty! Plus when you finish a packet of that gorgeous paper you can just buy another one and this month October is the perfect month to stock up on your favourite as Stampin' Up! has 15% off select DSP, so don't miss out on this special!

Now on to my projects. I did a few on the weekend using DSP and I had fun doing them for World Card Making Day!

I started with the Love of Leaves Bundle and the Plaid Tidings DSP. I did a bit of sleuthing on the old Pinterest and I found this gorgeous design by Mary Fish and it is so quick and easy that I had to share it with you as you will love it. My support worker was here today and she loved it so much she took my Bumblebee one so I had to make 2 more for you for tonight.
Rhapsody in craft, Love of Leaves, Stitched leaves dies, Plaid Tidings DSP, Forever Greenery DSP, Playing with Patterns DSP, Stampin Up, AWH Creative Showcase
How cool are these. So I started with the Plaid Tidings and because my daughter's support worker took my bumblebee Plaid Tidings I thought I should make a couple more.
Rhapsody in craft, Love of Leaves, Stitched leaves dies, Plaid Tidings DSP,  Stampin Up, AWH Creative Showcase
Plaid Tidings
Rhapsody in craft, Love of Leaves, Stitched leaves dies, Playing with Patterns DSP, Stampin Up, AWH Creative Showcase
Playing with Patterns DSP and yes my friends it is the Crushed Curry DSP! 😱
Rhapsody in craft, Love of Leaves, Stitched leaves dies, Forever Greenery DSP, Stampin Up, AWH Creative Showcase
Forever Greenery DSP

They are so easy to make with the Love of Leaves Bundle. Thick Whisper White Base, a layer of DSP of your choice at 10 x 14.4 cm then a layer of Whisper White card at 13.5 x 9 cm and die cut out your leaf with the embossing of the leaf at the same time. Pop that layer up on dimensionals as well as your leaf. Tie a little bit of linen thread and stamp the word Hello from the Love of Leaves stamp set and you are good to go and so quick to make so many card.

While I was on my Plaid tidings and Love of Leaves trend on World Card Making Day I used the 6x6 One Sheet Wonder that Claire Daly put up in our team group a few weeks ago and it is so fast to make cards. Just cut the DSP, cut your sentiment card or die cut it and then put it in your Stamparatus to make multiples and go for it.
Rhapsody in craft, Plaid tidings DSP Love of Leaves, 6x6 One Sheet Wonder, Stampin' Up, Aug-Dec Mini, AWH Creative Showcase


This was the way I cut the DSP. Thanks Claire!


Rhapsody in craft, Plaid tidings DSP Love of Leaves, 6x6 One Sheet Wonder, Stampin' Up, Aug-Dec Mini, AWH Creative Showcase

I made the Pretty Peacock ones first and decided that I would make the sentiment card slightly smaller on the landscape card for my Blackberry bliss cards. Lots of fun and so quick and a little bit of bling with the Silver Metallic edge ribbon.

So for my next effort on World card making day I made some cards using the colours Smokey Slate and Blackberry bliss with the In Good Taste DSP.

I was watching a video by Ronda Wade and really liked the combination and how she stamped on the DSP so I thought I would give it a try.

I really love the effect of stamping on the In Good Taste DSP it is just beautiful. So for the second card to stamp on the DSP we just turned the colours around. 

It is beautiful on this whitewash paint textured DSP and the effect it gives the image. I will be doing more of these.

While I was on this colour combinations I made a fancy fold as I can't go past a fancy fold and did a quick z-fold card with Dandelion wishes and Peony Garden DSP.


I also played with some Christmas DSP and stamp options on the weekend and back to Plaid Tidings and the Nativity Dies.
rhapsodyincraft, nativity dies, for unto us, plaid tidings, Christmas cards

I just love this and I think I will have to take advantage of the 15% off on Plaid Tidings so I can make more of these for Christmas.

Snowflake Splendor DSP is also on sale and I saw this on Pinterest and had to have a go at it. I love Christmas and I thought this was fantastic!
For unto Us, Christmas, Hark the Herald, Rhapsodyincraft

The snowflakes are on the other side but look at this night sky. How cool is this. I Stamped the sentiment from For unto Us stamp set in Night of Navy and cut out the Stars in Silver with the Stitched stars dies. The sentiment is cut out using the Stitched so sweetly dies and the slits for the pool party sheer ribbon is made by the Label Me fancy Punch.

I was having too much fun so I made one more card using some scrapbook layering on a card with the Wonder of the Season DSP and the Heartwarming Hugs DSP.

For Unto Us, Rhapsody in craft, Christmas

I really had a lot of fun on the weekend for World Card Making day trying out all the fun ways to use up my DSP and different techniques and just enjoy making cards. Don't miss the opportunity this month to stock up and save so that you can make some quick and easy cards yourself.



Please head over to Rachel's blog for the list of very creative ladies to see how they have used our gorgeous DSP today. I can't wait!


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today.
Take Care,





9 comments:

Sue Madex said...

Love those leaf cutouts with the offset leaves - looks terrific with that plaid paper. Gorgeous stamping on the subtle paper designs too. A great collection of cards there.

Cathy Proctor said...

Oh my goodness Sharon, you've made so many incredible cards for tonight! I have to say my absolute favourite and the one that impresses me the most (because of the colour you used) is the Crushed Curry leaf card!

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Wow, you have been busy Sharon, beautiful cards. Those leaves are very stylish and that’s a very simple but clever 6” x 6” cutting template

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Well, that's an impressive collection of cards showing off Stampin' Up!'s lovely papers, Sharon! I have to agree with Cathy ... my standout favourite is the Crushed Curry plaid Love of Leaves card.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my, you must have spent all week getting creative with this bundle of projects?!!! Amazing array but I actually adore your first design with the leaf cut out and the DSP behind (and the Crushed Curry one is actually awesome)!!

Andrea said...

Oh Sharon - what a gorgeous array of cards. World Card Making Day really inspired you to create amazing cards. Thank you for inspiring me to work with more of my DSP to create. xxx

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh my goodness, Sharon - I don't know exactly where to start! All of your cards are just beautiful. You certainly have been busy and now you have a lovely stash of cards. Thank you for sharing. I can't pick a favourite if I tried really hard - they are all amazing.

Tina said...

My goodness, you've been busy! And gotten a good head start on your Christmas cards, too! They are all so wonderful. I do love the first ones with the leaf die cuts, even if they do use plaid paper, haha.

Michele Taylor said...

Sharon, you obviously created up a storm on World Card Making Day. Put me to shame! All of your cards are wonderful and showcase the different DSPs perfectly. But for some reason I love the black and white nativity scene the best. He has given me so many ideas. Thanks.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...