Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 19 October 2020

Heart Of Christmas - October 2020

Welcome to the Heart of Christmas Showcase for October. I can't believe we are just a couple of months away! Can you? So tonight the Art with Heart team will bring you a little inspiration for your Christmas cards and decorations to help you get ready for a wonderful season!

Have you ever had one of those weeks that everything went wrong. Yep! I had my phone die and my credit card number stolen some how we can't quite work out how yet on top of a migraine so I only have one card for you tonight! I also had to do a recording of a song so I was a fraction caught up. I had to record both the vocal and the clarinet part so 1 card it is tonight so I went for the Poinsettia and my favourite colour!

Here is my colour palette for tonight!


I know what you are thinking. A Quick card with the Poinsettia! That is not a quick card.

Rhapsody in craft, Poinsettia Petals, Lovely Labels Pick a punch, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2020, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up Aug-Dec Mini 2020

 Well yes it is and this is why. Get the gorgeous Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper which is on 15% off at the moment and use your Dies that you got in the Bundle with the Stamp set because you love to save and get the 10% discount when you bundle to stamp set and dies together and this card is a breeze!

Rhapsody in craft, Poinsettia Petals, Lovely Labels Pick a punch, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2020, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up Aug-Dec Mini 2020

So that gorgeous white poinsettia is from the Poinsettia Place DSP and I cut the 2 top flowers out with the dies and the bottom 2 I fussy cut from the edge of the paper. The leave and sprigs one run through with the dies and you are done! Layer it all up on the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper and you are good to go. Add a bit of bling with the silver edged ribbon stamp Merry Christmas from the Poinsettia Petals Stamp set in Blackberry Bliss, my favourite colour use the Lovely Labels pick a punch and you are done my friend.

Rhapsody in craft, Poinsettia Petals, Lovely Labels Pick a punch, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2020, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up Aug-Dec Mini 2020

Don't forget to decorate the inside of your card as well.

Rhapsody in craft, Poinsettia Petals, Lovely Labels Pick a punch, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2020, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up Aug-Dec Mini 2020

As you can see I have added a thin strip of the Poinsettia Place DSP to the inside of the card and as you always have little strips left over why not use them on the inside of your cards.

The lovely Judy May hosts our Heart of Christmas Showcase so please head over to her blog for the list of the team who are participating today with some Christmas inspiration for you: Judy's Blog!

Don't forget that your can get 15% of selected Designer Series Paper until the end of October. You do not want to miss our on stocking up on your favourite DSP and who wouldn't want to do that they are so gorgeous!


If you would like any information about today's projects or would like to purchase the products to make these projects please do not hesitate to contact me.

Here is the list of my products for my card tonight:

Product List

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,



 

8 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

What a great quick card Sharon - it looks like you've spent hours making it. I hope your week improves xx

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Great card done in a short amount of time Sharon. I hope your week improves xx

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Lovely, elegant, card Sharon. Great job. This coming week WILL be better!

Judy May said...

Beautiful card, Sharon. Love the flocked vellum on the dark card stock and the die cut Poinsettia's look fabulous.

Diane Furniss said...

Beautiful Card Sharon, Sorry to hear you had such a bad week, I hope everything works out.

Kate Morgan said...

No way that is a quick card - it looks amazing with all those layers and ribbon accent, and I love that you managed to get Blackberry Bliss incorporated!

Carussell Crafts said...

I love this beautiful Christmas card my friend - just so beautiful!

Michele Taylor said...

Fabulous quick card Sharon. Love the introduction of the Blackberry Bliss. It provides great depth behind the vellum paper, making the plush design shine.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...