Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 14 October 2020

Week 20 - Colour Creations Showcase - " Gray Granite"


 Well today is a gorgeous sunny spring day in Melbourne, Australia. I hope you have been able to get out and enjoy some sunshine if you are in lockdown like we are and have some gorgeous sunshine. I have a bit of a migraine today so the sunshine although lovely is not great on my eyes. I only mention that as you will see when you see my card that I dropped my stamp on my finished card as I went to clean it. I didn't have the strength to remake it so just ignore the splodge! 😂😢

This week Gray Granite!

I have kept my palette very simple and clean today trying to practice for our monthly creative showcase where we will be using only 5 products. I am not know for using a few number of products. My colours were Gray Granite, Mint Macaron and Whisper White.

I chose to use Mint Macaron with the Gray Granite because I had finally after a couple of years looking at the Very Versailles stamp set, bit the bullet and bought it! I do that, do you? Look at things you love and then leave it too long and they aren't there anymore. Well I thought NO! I am not going to do that with this stamp set I am going to get it.

rhapsodyincraft, gray granite, very versailles, mint macaron, friendship card, stampin up 2020-21 annual catalogue

So as you can see with just this stamp set a couple of different coloured pieces of card stock and the matching ink you can make a very pretty card. I don't know why I waited so long to get this stamp set.

So with the Gray Granite card base I added an extra layer and popped that up on dimensionals and if you have limited supplies this is a great way to add interest and dimension to your cards. Normally I use very thing borders on my matting but as I was using only 2 or 3 colours I made the matt wider to highlight the colour.

rhapsodyincraft, gray granite, very versailles, mint macaron, friendship card, stampin up 2020-21 annual catalogue

I stamped the images in gray granite on the whisper white card stock first then the leaves in  mint macaron before wrapping the braided linen trim around the card and adhering to the card base. I stamped the sentiment in Mint Macaron and cut it out with the Stitched Shapes dies and popped it up on some dimensionals as well. I had to add some bling and for this stamp set that is quite the vintage look the elegant faceted gems were just the thing.

You can see that having this stamp set is one you should invest in for quick easy collage type cards and make sure you move your card away from your stamps when you are cleaning them so you don't drop them onto your finished project! Just a little hint from me!

If you have any questions about todays project or if you would like to purchase the products to make this quick and easy project do not hesitate to contact me.

Ok my friends the fun doesn't stop here please head on over to the lovely Cathy's blog the host of our Colour Creations Showcase to find the list of the very creative ladies taking part in this weeks colour of Gray Granite: Cathy' Blog


These are the products I used in today's project:

Product List

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,


14 comments:

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love Mint Macaron with Gray Granite.

Cathy Proctor said...

I'm sos glad you got this stamp set Sharon and i love this colour combination. Hope your head feels better soon. Thank you for participating in the Colour Creations showcase this week xx

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

What a dreamy colour combination! I think this just might be my favourite of your cards, Sharon; love it, love it, love it! I can't even see where you dropped the stamp?!

Sujatha said...

Lovely vintage card Sharon, you have used Gray Granite well tonight!!

Tina said...

It's a wonderful card, Sharon! I can't even tell where you dropped the stamp - if you'd said nothing I would be none the wiser! I hope you're feeling better soon x

Andrea said...

A lovely card Sharon. I love this stamp set and you have used it beautifully, especially with the combination of Gray Granite and Mint Macaron. I hope you are feeling better. Look after yourself special lady. xxx

Judy May said...

Beautiful card, Sharon and Mint Macaron looks fabulous with Gray Granite. I hope you're feeling better soon. xx

Kate Morgan said...

Ooh what a yummy combination of colours, Sharon. I love this stamp set but I never seem to be happy with my creations, but yours is so lovely. Now I'm inspired to give it another go!

Carussell Crafts said...

A simply elegant card, my friend. Soft and subtle colour combination - love it!

Rachel Palmieri said...

This stamp set is a favourite of mine, and I think you've made a most beautiful card with it.

Michele Taylor said...

Very Versailles is one of my absolute favourites Sharon and your card is lovely. I think that the touch of Mint Macaron is perfect with the Gray Granite.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

I love Very Versailles stamp set. I used it for both Crumb Cake & Crushed Curry showcases, it is such a versatile stamp set, and it is dreamy with your colour combination Sharon. Such a thoughtful card xx

Diane Furniss said...

Lovely Card Sharon, Gray Granite and Mint Macaroon go so well together.

Ros said...

Mint macaron and gray granite look fabulous together!!!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...