Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 11 November 2020

Week 24 - Colour Creations Showcase - Mango Melody


Well what a weekend I have just had and you could have it too if you join my team and become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. We had so much fun being the first to see the new Jan-Jun Mini and seeing all the presentations of new product, learning new things and celebrating everyone's successes. Plus we had Pat Benatar and her husband open the weekend singing! Oh My Goodness! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!


So I put her up on my TV and sang away. Why would you want to miss out on something like this? You Wouldn't! Then there is all the friendship and the fun from stamping and learning and as a by product you get cards and memory keeping. So why wouldn't you want to join! There are more benefits too but this is just the start!  So if you want to know more just contact me and we can have a chat, also check out my joining page button at the top of the blog.

Now for this week we have Mango Melody

I was inspired by the new Dandy Garden suite that we used on our weekend and I have used today the Dandelion Wishes stamp set and the Dandelion 3D Embossing folder. I didn't realise before setting out to make my project but I don't have Mango Melody card stock so I had to work out a way to show you this colour.

So to do that I had to combine it with some other colours.
Rhapsody in Craft, Mango Melody, Blackberry Bliss, Smoky slate, Whisper White, Stampin' Up!

Of course I had to choose my absolute favourite Blackberry Bliss to go with the Mango Melody.
Rhapsody in Craft, Mango Melody, Dandelion Wishes, Dandelion 3D Embossing Folder, Fancy Fold, Artistry Blooms DSP, Well Written Dies, Layering Oval Dies, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart

I know, what do you do when all you have is the ink pad of Mango Melody? Well, you find the gorgeous Artistry Bloom DSP as that has the most beautiful paper with Mango Melody in it. I then cut the paper down to the size of a card front making sure I had lots of Mango Melody in the piece I chose and embossed it with the Dandelion 3D embossing folder.

Rhapsody in Craft, Mango Melody, Dandelion Wishes, Dandelion 3D Embossing Folder, Fancy Fold, Artistry Blooms DSP, Well Written Dies, Layering Oval Dies, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart

I stamped the dandelions in Mango Melody on Whisper White and cut them out using the Layering Oval Dies and then layered that with Blackberry Bliss as the inside of the card is the Smoky Slate so that you can write your message to your friend or family member. I purposely adhered the Oval quite low so that you could still see the embossed dandelion on the Artistry Blooms DSP.

Rhapsody in Craft, Mango Melody, Dandelion Wishes, Dandelion 3D Embossing Folder, Fancy Fold, Artistry Blooms DSP, Well Written Dies, Layering Oval Dies, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart


From the little window I have created I die cut the words "Miss You" and the butterfly. I used the Well Written Dies. Before putting them through my Stampin' Cut 'N' Emboss machine I used the adhesive sheets. So good for things like words and tiny butterflies you don't have to mess with glue!

To finish off you have to have some bling and the frosted and clear epoxy droplets were perfect.
Rhapsody in Craft, Mango Melody, Dandelion Wishes, Dandelion 3D Embossing Folder, Fancy Fold, Artistry Blooms DSP, Well Written Dies, Layering Oval Dies, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart

I thought the words "Miss You" went perfect with the dandelion. As a child you would wait for them to go to seed and then blow on them and make wishes. This card is all about missing friends and family and wishing they were here!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about my project today or if you would like to know more about joining my team.
 

Please head on over to our host for the Colour Creations Showcase and my friend, the lovely and very creative Cathy Proctor for the list of the team who are participating today. Cathy's Blog

My product list for today:

Product List

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me this week, take care,


9 comments:

Kate Morgan said...

The Embossed DSP is so effective and it's a lovely bright card for a missed friend/family member to receive. I love the dandelions as a kid too - fond memories xx

Cathy Proctor said...

What a creative card Sharon - sometimes I think fewer resources makes us more creative. I really love the look of the DSP embossed - it looks amazing. Thank you for inspiring us with your card creation tonight xx

Tina said...

Aww! What a sweet card, and a lovely idea behind the dandelions. It really is beautiful.

Claire said...

Great colour combination Sharon. I really love the story behind the dandelions too.Great cards.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I REALLY love how that beautiful Artistry Blooms paper looks, embossed with the dandelions, Sharon. Genius! Such a happy, lovely, card.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

This card is going to make someone very happy! It is such a cheery bright happy card - and those lovely dandelion images to bring back happy childhood memories xx

Carussell Crafts said...

I love the embossing on the DSP - so pretty! Gorgeous card, beautiful sentiment. I LOVED Pat and hubby's performance! xx

Michele Taylor said...

Using the embossing folder to emboss the DSP was a very clever idea Sharon. A perfect background for your central panel. Lovely card!!!

Ros said...

Love the subtle embossing on the DSP. Very clever.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...