Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 18 November 2020

Week 25 - Colour Creations Showcase - Melon Mambo

 


Today we are looking at the gorgeous bright pink Melon Mambo! I thought that I should ink up one of the stamp sets that I had for a little while and wanted to but had yet and it was calling my name. I think I needed a lot of coffee today!
Rhapsody in craft, Melon Mambo, Nothing's Better Than, Love you more than dies, Plaid Tidings, STampin' Blends, Friendship Cards, Colour Creation Showcase, Stampin' Up

Yes you guess it! It is the Nothing Better Than Bundle! I know how could it have taken me so long to get ink on this stamp set. I agree with you it is rather cute!

This is my colour combination for my card today plus some of the gorgeous Brushed metallic card stock which is just the best!

I have the most gorgeous friend and I don't think I would have gotten through this year without her. She has a wonderful daughter that is a social worker and is the Health and Well being Officer at a school for kids that come from some very difficult circumstances. When I was making this card I was thinking of her. Coffee and Chocolate are her go to treats.

Rhapsody in craft, Melon Mambo, Nothing's Better Than, Love you more than dies, Plaid Tidings, STampin' Blends, Friendship Cards, Colour Creation Showcase, Stampin' Up



I thought  mess of the gold chord and the whisper white crinkled seam binding was a perfect metaphor for this year and for my friend's daughter. With how messy this year has been and how messy life can be for some of her students she makes everything better just like coffee and chocolate!

Rhapsody in craft, Melon Mambo, Nothing's Better Than, Love you more than dies, Plaid Tidings, STampin' Blends, Friendship Cards, Colour Creation Showcase, Stampin' Up

I cut out the label with the from the Tasteful label dies then after positioned the sentiments before stamping. I cut out the Coffee and Chocolate dies before adding the word "AND" There is not a single "and" in the stamp set but I used a piece of sticky tape of the rest of the words before inking and then took off the tape before stamping on the card. Once I had stamped the "AND" I used the Tombow glue to adhere the label. The cute little coffee cups are coloured in Melon Mambo and Cinnamon Cider stampin blends and the chocolates are stamped in Melon Mambo ink!

Rhapsody in craft, Melon Mambo, Nothing's Better Than, Love you more than dies, Plaid Tidings, STampin' Blends, Friendship Cards, Colour Creation Showcase, Stampin' Up

On the inside of the card I have cut out other cute coffee cup and adhered it and also stamped some steam rising from the cup.


All of these fun element are on a base of Night of Navy, Brushed Metallic, Melon Mambo card stock and a piece of plaid tidings.
Rhapsody in craft, Melon Mambo, Nothing's Better Than, Love you more than dies, Plaid Tidings, STampin' Blends, Friendship Cards, Colour Creation Showcase, Stampin' Up


If you would like any information about this card or would like to purchase products for this card or any of your crafty projects do not hesitate to contact me.


Now please head over to my friend Cathy's Blog to see the list of who is participating in this weeks Colour Creation Showcase.


Here is my product list for the card today:
Product List
Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today.
Take Care,




9 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

What a fantastic card Sharon! Your friend sounds amazing and I'm sure she will appreciate and enjoy this special card. Thank you for participating in the Colour Creations Showcase tonight.

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Great card Sharon, this stamp set is definitely appropriate for your special friend

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Wow Sharon! What an amazing card!! I am picturing oozing strawberry cream coming out of a half eaten chocolate - or better still, cherry liqueur! I want some now! LOL

Sujatha said...

Love the card, Sharon, very inspiring to use the Nothing's Better Than bundle, which is so fitting for so many occasions. Well done!

Kate Morgan said...

Ooh yes please, totally agree with your sentiment!!!
Loving the brushed metallic foil features and beautiful colouring.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Great, happy, card ... and so fitting for your special friend. Thanks for sharing the story behind your inspiration for this card, Sharon. It's lovely.

Diane Furniss said...

Lovely Card Sharon, It's such a fun looking card I'm sure you special friend will love it.

theresa said...

A lovely card Sharon and very thoughtful of you to make it.

Carussell Crafts said...

This card is just gorgeous, Sharon. The crinkled ribbon and gold twine, give me the idea that someone couldn't wait to unwrap a gift of beautiful chocolates, lovingly wrapped in tissue paper and gold twine. I love this card - coffee and chocolates, yesss please!!! xx

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...