Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 25 November 2020

Week 26 - Colour Creations Showcase - " Merry Merlot"


This week's colour has fast become one of my favourites and I love that it is one of our regular colours.
 
This week Merry Merlot

So today I have made a Birthday Card for you. I wanted to try a little bit of a different edge to the card and just do a very subtle colouring. It is a card that you could actually make quite a few of and then just add a different sentiment for when you need a card for different occasions.

rhapsodyincract, Rhapsody in craft, Merry Merlot, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, Tailored Tag Punch, Subtle 3D, Colour Creations Showcase, Birthday Card, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up Annual Catalogue 2020-21

I have used the Prized Peony stamp set and Peony Dies to make this card and then I wanted to make it a Birthday card so I  went for the trusty Here's a Card stamp set for the sentiment.
To work out what punch to use I actually stamped it 3 times and picked 3 different punches that I thought might work and still went with the punch that I thought I was going to chose in the first place. That is ok. I have 2 others ready and waiting to be used later!

rhapsodyincract, Rhapsody in craft, Merry Merlot, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, Tailored Tag Punch, Subtle 3D, Colour Creations Showcase, Birthday Card, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up Annual Catalogue 2020-21

I have for the base of the card used the Merry Merlot card stock and as I wanted the Prized Peony to be the edge of the front of my card, after folding it in half I then cut off about 2.5 cm or 1 inch of the front edge! This allowed the Peonies to hang over and make a pretty scalloped edge.

rhapsodyincract, Rhapsody in craft, Merry Merlot, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, Tailored Tag Punch, Subtle 3D, Colour Creations Showcase, Birthday Card, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up Annual Catalogue 2020-21

On the inside of the card under the edge of the peonies I added a strip of Gold Brushed Metallic Card Stock for that subtle bit of bling to the card. And speaking of Subtle have you noticed that the white background has been embossed in the Subtle 3D embossing folder?

rhapsodyincract, Rhapsody in craft, Merry Merlot, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, Tailored Tag Punch, Subtle 3D, Colour Creations Showcase, Birthday Card, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up Annual Catalogue 2020-21

To colour the Peonies I first stamped them in Merry Merlot and the using my sponge dauber I just coloured the centre in a circular motion before using the Peony dies to cut them out. I stamped the leaves in Mossy Meadow and then used the dies to cut them out also.

This is quite a quick and easy card to make with this bundle and you can add any sentiment you like and a bit of a fun way to add a bit of interest to the edge of your cards! I hope you give it a try.

Please head over to the blog of the lovely Cathy Proctor the host of our weekly Colour Creations Showcase to see who is participating this week with the colour Merry Merlot: Cathy's Blog 
 

If you have any questions about this card or would like to purchase the supplies to make this card please do not hesitate to contact me.


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,





7 comments:

Tina said...

So pretty, Sharon! I love the scalloped border created by the peonies. Gorgeous!

Cathy Proctor said...

So much to love on this card Sharon, but I particularly love the scalloped edge you've created with the peek of gold behind it. Swoon! Thanks for joining the Colour Creations Showcase tonight x

teegeeinspirations said...

I love the addition of the gold to your card Sharon as it adds just enough bling! Always love the use of the subtle emb folder to. It just beaks up a stark background

Kathryn Ruddick said...

This is a beautiful card my friend. I have to agree with Theresa - the gold behind the peony border is lovely, and the embossing folder for the large expanse of white on the front is the perfect finishing touch - very, very nice!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Such a creative way to make a beautiful decorative edge on your card, Sharon! Just beautiful. The subtle embossed background is a lovely elegant touch.

Michele Taylor said...

Wow what a very clever idea Sharon. Love the glimpse of gold behind the peonies when the card is closed too. Just lovely.

Ros said...

The scallop edge is so pretty!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...