Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 4 November 2020

Week 23 - Colour Creations showcase - " Magenta Madness"

Ok can someone please tell me why there are now only 7 weeks until Christmas! Where has the year gone! I am not too sure that in all this time of lockdown I have made enough Christmas cards. Have you? Well today I thought I would use this gorgeous InColor and make a Poinsettia Christmas card.

This week Magenta Madness

So I have paired this gorgeous vibrant pink colour with Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, White and Gold!

Rhapsody in Craft, Poinsettia Petals, Magenta Madness, Poinsettia Place, Wonder of the season, Poinsettia Dies, Christmas Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up, Aug-Dec 2020 Mini

This card is really quite easy to make with all the wonderful equipment that Stampin' Up! has for you.

Firstly if you want to make multiples of the base I got the idea from our Stampin' Up! Managers Shannon and Emma who did a workshop a few days ago. I love doing fancy folds and have made many Z-fold cards but I never thought to actually adhere down that front z-fold part. I have stepped up their cards quite a bit but I got the base of the card idea from their work shop.

Rhapsody in Craft, Poinsettia Petals, Magenta Madness, Poinsettia Place, Wonder of the season, Poinsettia Dies, Christmas Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up, Aug-Dec 2020 Mini

As you can see from this photo I have folded my base card of Early Espresso in half like normal and then scored a 3 cm panel on the front and folded that back and just before adhering it down I added 5 cm x 14.5 cm panel to the front of the Wonder of the Season Specialty DSP. Then I adhered a 2.6 cm x 14.5 cm strip of Poinsettia Place DSP to the front folded back panel.
Rhapsody in Craft, Poinsettia Petals, Magenta Madness, Poinsettia Place, Wonder of the season, Poinsettia Dies, Christmas Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up, Aug-Dec 2020 Mini

It makes quite a nice backdrop for the striking Magenta Madness Poinsettia!

Rhapsody in Craft, Poinsettia Petals, Magenta Madness, Poinsettia Place, Wonder of the season, Poinsettia Dies, Christmas Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up, Aug-Dec 2020 Mini

Now to finish off the base of the card before doing the poinsettia I have added another strip of the Wonder of the season specialty DSP the same size as the strip on the front and added a piece of Whisper White card so you have place to write your greeting.

Rhapsody in Craft, Poinsettia Petals, Magenta Madness, Poinsettia Place, Wonder of the season, Poinsettia Dies, Christmas Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up, Aug-Dec 2020 Mini

For the gorgeous Magenta Madness Poinsettia I stamped the 3 different sizes onto Whisper white in Magenta Madness plus the leaves in Mossy Meadow and ran them through the Stampin' Cut 'N' Emboss machine all at the same time. I just had to run the leaves one more time and I was good to go. I put a dimensional between all the layers and then I wanted a bit of ribbon and bling so I opted for the Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon and the Beaded Pearls to finish of the card.

This time I didn't want to put Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays as I thought the card spoke for itself!


If you have any questions about about my card or would like to get the catalogue in your hands please let me know I would love to help.

Please head on over to the host of our weekly Colour Creations Showcases, Cathy Proctor and there you will find more inspiration for Magenta Madness and the list of the talented team from AWH who are participating this week: Cathy's Blog


Here is the list of the products I used in my card today:
Product List



Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today. 
Take Care,







 

11 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Wow Sharon that Z-fold looks great with the flap folded back and I love your colour combination too. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Magenta Madness card with us tonight!

Handstampedbyrachel said...

I would never have thought of using Magenta Madness for a Poinsettia but your card looks amazing!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Very pretty, and festive, Sharon! Yay for getting more Christmas cards made!

Andrea said...

Great card Sharon. I love your version of the fancy fold. I'll have to chase up the workshop by Shannon and Emma. Magenta Madness is lovely for the Poinsettia. xxx

Kate Morgan said...

Great use of the DSP on your Z fold card, Sharon. I love that you used the DSP piece with the writing and your Magenta poinsettia is super pretty!

Diane Furniss said...

Great card Sharon, I have never used the Word DSP I couldn't find a use for it. But you have really given me some inspiration to try something with it, as your card is really pretty.

teegeeinspirations said...

Great idea to use Magenta Madness for a poinsettia and another great fancy fold card Sharon

Ros said...

Your poinsettia looks amazing in Magenta Madness!

Carussell Crafts said...

Ooh, a Magenta Madness poinsettia - GORGEOUS!!! I would not have thought to stamp one in that colour, so thank you my friend for such wonderful inspiration. It looks amazing with all the other elements and DSP, and that fun-fold.

Michele Taylor said...

Fabulous card Sharon. I love the way you 'force' the colour combinations sometimes and use something a bit out of left field. Your Magenta Madness poinsettia is so striking.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

What a lovely, well thought out card my friend! Very clever use of the alternate Z-fold to show off the DSP.
I seriously need to make sure my poinsettia stamp sees ink before too much longer.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...