Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 4 October 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 23 - Flirty Flamingo

 

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Flirty Flamingo, #colourcreationsbloghop, Fancy Fold, Triple Easel Card, Triple Easel Circle Card, Deckle Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Dainty Delight, Dainty Delight Dies,Inked Botanicals DSP, Art With Heart, #artwithheart,#loveitchopit, Stampin Up,#stampinup

Welcome to this weeks colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at the colour Flirty Flamingo. 

I always think of my friend when I see this colour or hear the name as she loves Flamingos.

For my project today I have made a Triple Easel Card. I have used the Deckled Circle Dies to create each of the sections of the card. I used Flirty Flamingo as the card base and folded it in half and had the deckled circle just slightly off the edged of the fold so that the 2 circles that I cut out were still slightly joined. I then folded the top circle in half to create the easel.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Flirty Flamingo, #colourcreationsbloghop, Fancy Fold, Triple Easel Card, Triple Easel Circle Card, Deckle Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Dainty Delight, Dainty Delight Dies,Inked Botanicals DSP, Art With Heart, #artwithheart,#loveitchopit, Stampin Up,#stampinup
I created 3 different sizes of circles and layered each circle with the gorgeous Hello Irresistible DSP as it has the beautiful colours of Flirty Flamingo, Soft Sea foam and Lost Lagoon that I a using for my colour palette today. I cut those out with the layer smaller to the one I made the easel in Flirty Flamingo card for the base.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Flirty Flamingo, #colourcreationsbloghop, Fancy Fold, Triple Easel Card, Triple Easel Circle Card, Deckle Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Dainty Delight, Dainty Delight Dies,Inked Botanicals DSP, Art With Heart, #artwithheart,#loveitchopit, Stampin Up,#stampinup
For the decorations on each of the sections I have stamped the flowers from the Dainty Delight and I have coloured them with the Stampin Blends. I used the  Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo, Light and Dark Soft Sea Foam, Light Lost Lagoon and Light Wild Wheat. I then die cut them out using the Dainty Delight dies and using the dies cut out some leaves in Soft Sea Foam and Dainty Delight and to make the stopper for the front easel I cut flowers out of Flirty Flamingo.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Flirty Flamingo, #colourcreationsbloghop, Fancy Fold, Triple Easel Card, Triple Easel Circle Card, Deckle Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Dainty Delight, Dainty Delight Dies,Inked Botanicals DSP, Art With Heart, #artwithheart,#loveitchopit, Stampin Up,#stampinup
I popped the flowers up on dimensionals for the stopper of the front easel. Each easel is the stopper for the one behind it. I stamped the Sentiment in Flirty Flamingo and used the Deckled Rectangle Dies to cut it out. Layered it up and popped it up with dimensionals. Of course you have to add a bow and some bling. 

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Flirty Flamingo, #colourcreationsbloghop, Fancy Fold, Triple Easel Card, Triple Easel Circle Card, Deckle Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Dainty Delight, Dainty Delight Dies,Inked Botanicals DSP, Art With Heart, #artwithheart,#loveitchopit, Stampin Up,#stampinup

This all folds down flat and you will have to make an envelope to give it to that special someone.

If you have any questions about my project today, please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next person on our tour of Flirty Flamingo inspiration. This week you will be heading to Catherine Proctor so hit the next blog button and you will go straight there. I can't wait to see what she has for us this week.
If for any reason the next blog buttons don't work, come back here and head to our weekly host, the lovely Cathy Proctor, there you can continue your Flirty Flamingo journey: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care, 



4 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Gosh, what a beautiful, feminine, card Sharon! I love the die-cut flowers that act as the stoppers for the easel. Beautiful use of the Hello, Irresistible (not Inked Botanicals) DSP, my dear. This is a really special card.

Andrea said...

Wow, what a gorgeous triple easel card Sharon. I love your use of the Deckled Circles. They look amazing with this DSP. The little popped up flowers create a cute stopper for the easels. You are brilliant with fun/fancy folds. I’m in awe. xxx

Kate Morgan said...

Now that is one stunning, feminine, fancy fold card, Sharon. All those beautiful circles layering up in size with these lovely papers, is brilliant. Love it!

Tina said...

OMG, wow! Awesome card! I love how you've decorated the left side of each of the deckled circle layers. It's gorgeous.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...