Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 9 October 2023

Heart of Christmas - Week 10 - 2023 - Pop Up Z-Fold Card

 

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Pop up z-fold, Christmas, Christmas Card, Z-fold Card, A walk in the forest DSP, Joy of Christmas DSP, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, Stampin Up! #stampinup



Welcome to another fun filled week of Christmas inspiration project for you to get ready for the most Wonderful time of the year! I know the Art with Heart team will have fantastic projects for you again this week like they always do.

This week I have another fun fold for you and this week I thought I would CASE the fold from a fellow demonstrator in the US, her name is Lisa Curcio. You know me I never miss an opportunity to try a different fun fold.

So Lisa made a "Z-Fold " card but made it  a pop up card as well. I thought "yes" this is my kind of card! I have made quite a few pop up cards if you have been following me for a while you will know my cards are quite the 3D! 
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Pop up z-fold, Christmas, Christmas Card, Z-fold Card, A walk in the forest DSP, Joy of Christmas DSP, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, Stampin Up! #stampinup

So I looked at it and thought yep those measurements won't quite work for our Aussie card sizes so I will make it slightly different. I MADE IT TOO BIG TO FIT IN THE ENVELOPE! Ok I caught myself with only the card base cut out and the base to all the pop ups so I could cut them all down before adding the layers and adhering them to each other. PHEW! Problem adverted! Only an inch and half too tall. LOL! No I will not show you photographs I didn't take any! I know if it ain't broke don't fix it and try it their way first before doing it your way! I suppose I could have left it the way I originally made the base and then made my own envelope! There are always ways around things. Creative opportunities are everywhere!
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Pop up z-fold, Christmas, Christmas Card, Z-fold Card, A walk in the forest DSP, Joy of Christmas DSP, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, Stampin Up! #stampinup
So I have made the base of the card with Pretty Peacock card and layered it with Cherry Cobbler before using the A Walk in the Forest DSP for the base and the majority of the pop ups but on the first part of the "z-fold" I have used the piece of Joy of Christmas DSP.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Pop up z-fold, Christmas, Christmas Card, Z-fold Card, A walk in the forest DSP, Joy of Christmas DSP, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, Stampin Up! #stampinup

Each of the pop up sections got progressively smaller and adhered to each other and then to the back section of the card. In Lisa's example she only decorated the very front "z-fold" with decorations and a sentiment and left the other pop ups with the gorgeous DSP showing. I have gone over the top so to speak with all the lovely Christmas Trees from the A Walk in the Forest DSP. Plus you can never have enough Christmas Trees if you ask me.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Pop up z-fold, Christmas, Christmas Card, Z-fold Card, A walk in the forest DSP, Joy of Christmas DSP, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, Stampin Up! #stampinup

I have stamped the trunk of the tree in Pecan Pie and die cut them out with the Merriest Tree Dies and the Tree Skirts or baskets are also in Pecan Pie and have been die cut out with the Dies from the Merriest Tree Dies. I have cut out the Garlands and Stars in Gold foil and this time I remembered to adhere the self adhesive sheets to them before die cutting! Saves So much time and gluey fingers!
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Pop up z-fold, Christmas, Christmas Card, Z-fold Card, A walk in the forest DSP, Joy of Christmas DSP, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, Stampin Up! #stampinup

Don't forget to make space on the back of the card for writing to your special someone, family or friend!
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Pop up z-fold, Christmas, Christmas Card, Z-fold Card, A walk in the forest DSP, Joy of Christmas DSP, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Merriest Trees Bundle, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, Stampin Up! #stampinup
And when you do the measurements correctly and you make sure everything folds properly when adding the pop ups, your card will fold flat and and fit into an envelope!

If you have any questions about my project today please do not hesitate to contact me.
Now is the time to head to the next Art with Heart Team Member who is creating for this week's Heart Of Christmas and this week you will be heading to Rachel Woollard, I can't wait to see what she has for us this week. Hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.
If you have an issue with the next blog buttons not going where they should here is the list of the Art With Heart Team participating today, you can continue your journey from there:
Sharon Davern <= You are here

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,






9 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, that certainly is a super duper fancy fold! I love that you've decorated each of the pop ups. Go hard, or go home, I say! LOL!!

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon I think your lovely decorated trees make a wonderful forest. The pop up panels are a definitely impressive result after your first attempt.

Rachel Woollard said...

Another fabulous card Sharon, so much detail. I think you’ve very clever to make this card from scratch, i always need a template etc to work with.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh, I just love all those festive Christmas trees! Why have only one on your card, when you can have four?! Whilst you are the Queen of Fancy Folds, I did giggle at the slightly "off" measurements. Just as well we're able to custom-make envelopes, hey? Lovely card, Sharon.

Judy May said...

Wow, this is an amazing fancy fold, Sharon! The trees look fabulous. Glad you were able to adjust the measurements.

theresa said...

Yay you got there and it did fit in the envelope! As always a fabulous fun fold and in this case pop up card Sharon. You've chosen the perfect set for this card and the colours all go brilliantly.

Carussell Crafts said...

Sharon, I do love this card so much. Gosh, you truly are our Fun-Fold Queen! Wear that crown proudly because it is much deserved. Oh the secrets we share in our card making - lol. I love everything about your card. There is just so much gorgeousness going on! And I completely agree - you can never have too many Christmas trees. xx

Kate Morgan said...

Oh I do love your back-stories to making your projects, Sharon. I love all the trees on your pop up panels, and the selection of DSP. Good on you for persisting with measurements!

Kathryn's Stampin' World said...

Wow, what a lovely pop up Christmas treee fancy fold card and yes it fits in the envelope too.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...