Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 16 October 2023

Heart of Christmas - Week 11 - 2023 - Stair Stepper Card

 

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2023, Christmas Card, O Holy Night, Night Divine, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Stair Stepper Card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Christmas Cards, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #stampinup, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit


Welcome to another week of some gorgeous Christmas craft fun and inspiration from the Art with Heart team!

This week I am going to make a Stair Stepper card! I saw a few different versions with diamonds or ovals as the focal point, I was still undecided until I sat down to create the card. I have made a side stepper cards but I thought I would do a regular stair stepper card!

Being our Heart of Christmas blog hop I went with my favourite bundle to decorate my stair stepper fun fold card! Night Divine!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2023, Christmas Card, O Holy Night, Night Divine, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Stair Stepper Card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Christmas Cards, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #stampinup, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit
When I thought about the steps of the card I thought they were perfect for all the sheep and cattle for this bundle. So I went to town and cut lots!
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2023, Christmas Card, O Holy Night, Night Divine, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Stair Stepper Card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Christmas Cards, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #stampinup, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit
On the card base of Night of Navy that I have folded into different size steps, I have adhered O Holy Night DSP that follows on, one piece to another. You can see that I have done it even for the down slopes that you can't see when you look at that card from the front and you don't have to place it on these sections but I like the finished look this creates.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2023, Christmas Card, O Holy Night, Night Divine, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Stair Stepper Card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Christmas Cards, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #stampinup, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit

Under each of the steps I have added little hinges to keep the card from sliding apart when it is all standing up. Especially as I have added an extra large panel for the stable on the back stair.

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2023, Christmas Card, O Holy Night, Night Divine, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Stair Stepper Card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Christmas Cards, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #stampinup, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit

I have cut out all the gorgeous Nativity scene with Basic Black and Gold Foil. I decided that the black that Joseph, Mary and Baby Jesus got lost in all the commotion of the stable and all the animals and visitors of shepherds and wise men. I have no idea how Baby Jesus was able to sleep! The other card stock that I have used to create the scene is Basic White, Pecan Pie, Copper Clay, and Crumb Cake.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2023, Christmas Card, O Holy Night, Night Divine, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Stair Stepper Card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Christmas Cards, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #stampinup, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit
You may have been wondering where the sentiment was. I just couldn't bring myself to put it on the front of the card but there was a perfect spot on the back so I have heat embossed in white the sentiment from the stamp set Night Divine onto Night of Navy and layered on O Holy Night DSP. I have added a spot on the back of the last stair to write your greeting for the card recipient.

If you have any questions about my project today please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our Heart of Christmas inspiration journey. This week you will be heading to the wonderful Tina Gillespie. I can't wait to see what fantastic and fun layout Tina has for us today!

If for any reason one of the next buttons does not go where you are expecting you can continue your journey from the list of amazing Art With Heart Team members below:
Tina Gillespie
Kate Morgan
Andrea Sargent
Christine Blain
Caroline Manwaring
Catherine Proctor
Sharon Davern <=You are here

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,







10 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

That IS a busy manger! The addition of all the animals, and other die-cut pieces, to all the steps looks great, Sharon. Another lovely card with this bundle.

Tina said...

Wow, the dimension that you've achieved in your card is astounding! It looks marvellous.

Andrea said...

A wonderful stair step card Sharon. I love the way the DSP flows through front & back of the steps. I adore all the shepherds, wise men and assorted animals across the steps. Mary, Joseph and the manger show so well. The embossed sentiment near the writing panel is perfect. Another amazing fancy fold that glows with the true meaning of Christmas. xxx

Rosa Leyden said...

Oh wow a magnificent set of stepped stairs! Love all the groupings in complementary shades. A good choice to use gold foil for Mary & Joseph focal die cuts.

theresa said...

Such a lovely stair stepper card Sharon and O Holy Night was the perfect choice especially with all of those animals and yes you did chose the correct position for the sentiment.

Rachel Woollard said...

This 3D card is the perfect way to display this manger bundle. I love the different layers of animals

Kate Morgan said...

I love all your cards using these products, but I think this fun fold is the best so far. All those animals amongst each of the stepped layers to create this naqtivity scene is outstanding. You made me giggle with not knowing how Baby Jesus was able to sleep with all the business going on, and you're not wrong!!!

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon your Stair Stepper Card is a showstopper. So much details to look at and to love about this card but especially the hidden hinges - genius!

Judy May said...

This is a fabulous fold to display all the detail in the nativity, Sharon and you’ve done a fabulous job with it. One of the nicest cards i’ve seen with this bundle!

Carussell Crafts said...

Sharon, this truly is the perfect Fun-Fold card to showcase all of those gorgeous animals in your beautiful scene. A very special card and I love it very much!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...