Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 15 July 2020

Week 7 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - " Cajun Craze"



I must be honest I don't have a lot to create with for this weeks colour at all. I don't have this colour in my stash of products and I think I missed this week when we did Cajun Craze a couple of years ago. So I was determined to rectify it even though all I had was 2 pieces of card stock and a water colour pencil. Oh yes, that is right, now it was time to get creative.

This week Cajun Craze!

So I went for a little look on the good old Pinterest to see if my creative juices could at least get a kick start and I found a card on Nikiscraftingcorner and I thought I am going to case that and recreate it using the colours and stamps that I have.

So this is the card that I came up with.
rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Rooted In Nature, Butterfly Gala, Friendship cards, Cajun Craze, Sunset, Watercolour pencils, lovely labels pick a punch

Ok so what did I do to create this card?
Here is my colour combination.
rhapsodyincraft, Colour combinations Cajun Craze, Cajun Craze, Old olive, Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil delight, Very Vanilla
Perfect colours to make a gorgeous Sunset don't you think?

rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Rooted In Nature, Butterfly Gala, Friendship cards, Cajun Craze, Sunset, Watercolour pencils, lovely labels pick a punch

So for this card I have created a sunset. I have used a piece of Whisper white card stock and with my water colour pencils I have coloured in strips. Once I have coloured in strips with the Cajun Craze being the largest size that I coloured I used the water painter to activated the pigments in the water colour pencils to blend them all together and not look like I had just scribbled on some card and give a nice water colour wash sunset to the background of the card. I have made a video to show you exactly how I did it.

Or click here for the video:
https://youtu.be/cV-Dx6IPcKw

Once my sunset had dried I stamped the trees in memento ink and adhered it to the colour of the week, Cajun Craze! I was trying to work out whether I could get 2 cards out of 1 piece of card stock and 1 water colour pencil this week and I think I might have just manged that. Card 2 to follow.

The background is old olive card stock and the leaves are from the Rooted in Nature stamp set and I have stamped them around the edge in old olive before adhering to Thick Very Vanilla card base and popping the Sunset trees on dimensionals on to the card.

rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Rooted In Nature, Butterfly Gala, Friendship cards, Cajun Craze, Sunset, Watercolour pencils, lovely labels pick a punch

I have also done the butterfly the same way coloured the Whisper white paper with the cajun craze water colour pencil then wet it with my water painter and stamped when dry with memento ink. I then went over the middle of the butterfly with the pencil again to make it a little darker. The sentiment is also from the Butterfly Gala stamp set and I have used the new Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.

For my second card I was wondering what could I do and then thought Sunflower!
rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Friendship card, Cajun Craze, watercolour pencils,, Celebrate Sunflowers, Sunflowers,

Here is the colour combination that I used. Very similar to the first card.
Rhapsodyincraft, Colour combinations Cajun Craze, Stampin' Up, Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Whisper White
Well I just love this Sunflower and the die is to die for!
My support worker for my daughter saw this today and just loved it! So if you don't have it yet you need to get it!
rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Friendship card, Cajun Craze, watercolour pencils, Celebrate Sunflowers, Sunflowers,

I have again coloured with the Cajun Craze water colour pencil in both places on the Whisper white card and then using the water painter and once dry I have adhered the Daffodil delight die cut sunflower, Cajun craze centre and old olive leaves over the top. The leaves I have adhered with the fine tip glue pen.

rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Friendship card, Cajun Craze, watercolour pencils, Celebrate Sunflowers, Sunflowers,

The sentiment is from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set and I think is is so fitting for what we are going through right now. There are so many struggling in many different ways and sending cards and little paper hugs is really the least we can do to spread some sunshine. The sentiment was stamped in Calypso Coral and that is our spotlight colour for next week! The Elegant Faceted gems are from the Peony Garden Suite but I thought they looked gorgeous on this card with their slight petal pink colouring!

So for only having a couple of pieces of card stock and a water colour pencil in Cajun Craze I think I have done ok with coming up with something for this week. Plus now that I have have finished writing my blog post in time for tonight the mail man has arrived with my order of items of Cajun Craze. Go Figure! Well now I will be ready for next year!
rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Rooted In Nature, Butterfly Gala, Friendship cards, Cajun Craze, Sunset, Watercolour pencils, lovely labels pick a punch, Cajun Craze, Celebrate Sunflowers, Sunflowers,

The products that I used are listed below so you can check them out.

Please head over to my friend Cathy Proctor to see the list of the team that are sharing their creations on Cajun Craze this week. Cathy's blog



Card 1: Product List

Card 2: Product List

If you would like any information on how to create these cards or would like the new annual catalogue in your hands please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for spending some time with me today and make sure you come back tomorrow when the team will be sharing different ways of colouring. I got a head start today.

Take Care,


12 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Wow Sharon, 2 cards with virtually no supplies - you are amazing. And I love your video - so cool!!! Thank you for sharing your Cajun Craze inspiration with us tonight xx

Ros said...

Sharon you did very well with limited supplies. 2 great cajun craze cards.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

I almost used Rooted in Nature too - I had something planned for those skeleton leaves . . . but then my lack of greeting stamps turned me to World of Good suite . . .

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Well, look at you go, creating something out of almost nothing! LOL. Great, creative, use of your limited Cajun Craze supplies, Sharon.

Tina said...

Oh wow, you've done an amazing job with so little! The sunset looks fantastic, and I love the wash of colour under the sunflower.

Andrea said...

You are amazing Sharon. Two lovely cards showing Cajun Craze and yet, minimal CC products. So impressed with your video. Must find my water colour pencils and play. Thank you for the inspiration. XXX

Claire said...

Love the way you have created that sunset - wo awesome!

Kate Morgan said...

What a glorious card, Sharon with the watercolour pencils. Who knew Cajun Craze could be the showcase in a sunset!

Rachel Palmieri said...

Two beautiful cards Sharon and just shows you don't have to have it all to meet a challenge. I like the leaves stamped behind the trees, it echos the theme so nicely.

Diane Furniss said...

Very Nice Sharon, I especially like the sunset tree card, This could be used for either a male of female lovely colours.

Michele Taylor said...

Two gorgeous cards Diane. I love the way you. have used Cajun Craze. It is evident but not overwhelming.

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh Sharon, how wonderful to have come up with two cards with such limited Cajun Craze supplies. They are both great! I think your sunset looks perfect and I can just imagine it in real life.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...