Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 22 July 2020

Week 8 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Calypso Coral"


Another week and another beautiful colour. Stampin' Up! has such gorgeous colours.

This week Calypso Coral

This wee I have made 2 cards for you. I had a friend get some bad news this week and I thought I would make a card for her.

Rhapsody in craft, Timeless Tulips, Calypso Coral, Well Said, Tasteful Touches, Free As A Bird, Friendship Cards, Stampin' Up

I really had her in mind when I made both of these cards as well as my Grandmother as it was her Mother in law that has just been diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer. My Grandmother loved Tulips so I wanted to make a tulip card as my I know this lovely woman as well and Grandmothers are so special.

Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, Tasteful Touches, Free As A Bird, Friendship Cards, Stampin' Up

For my first card I have used the most gorgeous rose from Tasteful Touches and the sentiment from Free As A Bird. 
Here is my Colour Combination for this card:

I love all the layers of Calypso Coral DSP that you can find in the subtle 6x6 DSP.
Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, Tasteful Touches, Free As A Bird, Friendship Cards, Stampin' Up

I have stamped the gorgeous roses in Smokey slate and then coloured them in with the Stampin' Blends.
Rhapsody in craft,  Calypso Coral, Tasteful Touches, Free As A Bird, Friendship Cards, Stampin' Up
I really love this sentiment and at this time in our world our friends are so important.

For my Second Card I saw this card on a blog by Maureen Rauchfuss but she had made  it into a fancy fold for Mother's Day. I wanted to give the card a go and play with it a bit. Thanks for the inspiration Maureen.
Rhapsody in craft, Timeless Tulips, Calypso Coral, Well Said, Friendship Cards, Stampin' Up
I have stamped all the tulips in Calypso Coral and punched some out with the Tulip builder punch and fussy cut the medium and smaller tulips.

Here is the colour combination for this card:


Rhapsody in craft, Timeless Tulips, Calypso Coral, Well Said, Friendship Cards, Stampin' Up

The sentiment is just perfect for my friend right now as they fine out about their Mother-in-laws cancer and as they go through all the steps to help her get treatment.

For the the pearls I have coloured them with the dark Calypso coral Stampin' Blends.
Rhapsody in craft, Timeless Tulips, Calypso Coral, Well Said, Friendship Cards, Stampin' Up

Please head on over to the lovely Cathy Proctors Blog to see how the team have used Calypso Coral tonight. I am always excited and inspired by these creative women. Cathy's Blog

If you have any questions about these cards or have would like to purchase the products to make these cards do not hesitate to contact me.

Here are the product list for my 2 cards.
Product List



Product List

16 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I really like how you've showcased the different DSP patterns on your first card, Sharon. The big bunch of tulips on your second card is just glorious, and will be sure to uplift your friend. x

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon these are very special cards for very special women who I am sure will appreciate your incredible work and thoughtfulness. I especially love your bouquet of tulips - simply gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your Calypso Coral creation tonight and inspiring us all xx

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Beautiful cards Sharon, I love the huge bunch of tulips. They’re my favourite flowers.

Andrea said...

Lovely cards Sharon. I love the way you have combined the Calypso Coral DSPs with the flowers. Your tulip card communicates an extravagance of flowers - gorgeous. I am sure you friend and her grandmother will be touched and know they are loved. xxx

Sujatha said...

These cards are a stunning interpretation of the colour, Sharon - love them!

Tina said...

You are such a thoughtful person, and I'm sure your friend's Mother-In-Law will appreciate your card. I hope her treatment is successful. Your card are both so beautiful.

Fiona Ryan said...

Great use of the DSP in the first card Sharon. It really shows how well they mis together. And those tulips are gorgeous

Kate Morgan said...

Oh, how beautifully you have captured the moment and Calypso Coral is really a wonderful colour for these cards. I adore that huge bunch of tulips though, gorgeous.

Claire said...

Beautiful! Just love that bunch of tulips especially.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Beautiful cards Sharon, I love the pop of black on the first one, and your tulip card is perfect - what a thoughtful friend you are!

Rachel Palmieri said...

That big bunch of tulips is very impressive, you've shared some lovely flowers this week.

theresa said...

You've been busy Sharon. There's so much work in each card but I especially love the big bunch of tulips

Carussell Crafts said...

Beautiful cards made by a beautiful, thoughtful lady. Both cards are gorgeous, but I can't take my eyes off of the tulip card - that is stunning! x

Diane Furniss said...

Love both your cards Sharon, the bunch of tulips look so beautiful. They were one of my grans favourite flowers.

Michele Taylor said...

Stunning cards Sharon. Your tulip card is my favourite.

Ros said...

Lovely cards, I love the big bunch of tulips!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 8 - 2024-2025 - Balmy Blue

  This week we are looking at Balmy Blue one lovely blue colours. I have made a Joy Fold card for you! It is a simple and quick fancy or fu...