Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 16 July 2020

AWHT - Creative Showcase July 2020 - Colouring Techniques


rhapsodyincraft, reverse masking, colouring techniques, good morning magnolia, Stampin' Up!, just Jade, Magenta Madness, friendship cards.



The Art With Heart Team are back with another Creative Showcase, this time featuring different colouring techniques.The Stampin’ Up! range contains a bevy of functional and effective colouring tools that include;

                                     
I am going to use the gorgeous Good Morning Magnolia stamp set for 2 cards today with 2 different colouring techniques.

A simple colour palette for my first card.


My first card I have used the sponges and the reverse masking technique. 
rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up, Just Jade, Magenta Madness, Reverse Masking, Colouring Techniques, good morning Magnolia,


I have cut 2 pieces of whisper white card stock the same size and then used the stitched rectangles to make a mask. I cut out the centre of one piece of the card stock then placed it over the other piece so that I can then use the sponge to colour the background. 



I placed a little bit of adhesive in the corners or tape over the edge so that we can take the mask off after using but you need to hold it in place while sponging. 

I placed the the large magnolia stamp over the area so that i knew where to sponge the Magenta Madness and the Just Jade ink.



Once I had sponged the 2 colours just overlapping a little and then you get an extra colour from the blending.

Stamping the Magnolia in Memento black ink. Once I had stamped the image and then the greeting I cut out the centre with with the stitched nested label dies. 
Pop the outside up on some dimensionals and the inside adhere flat to the Thick Whisper white card base. Quite and effective and simple, quick card to make.

For my second card the technique is a bit more involved but I used the same colours and stamp set so you could see the difference.


rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up, Just Jade, Magenta Madness, colouring techniques, Forever Greenery, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Friendship Cards

I first stamped the large Magnolia in VersaMark on the Fluid 100 WaterColour Paper and heat embossed in white Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I then spritzed some water all over the  magnolia with the Stampin' Spritzer. I used the reinkers of both the Just Jade and Magenta Madness into the lid of the ink pads and picked it up with the water painter and dropped the ink onto the water and it spreads out onto the leaves and magnolia. Wait for it to dry and then cut out using the Magnolia memory


It is quite a fun way to colour your larger line art images.

Now that I had finished my Magnolia I wanted to show it off so I used the Forever Greenery suite of products to help me a little. 

I have a Just Jade card base, I have used Gold Foil, Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper, Forever Greenery gold Trim, Forever Flourishing dies to cut out some vellum, crumb cake and soft suede accents. I have popped all of this on a Whisper White Nested Labels Die.

rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up, Just Jade, Magenta Madness, colouring techniques, Forever Greenery, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Friendship Cards


I thought it would be perfect to give to a friend so the Well Written Dies are the little bling with a butterfly kiss.

I hope you have enjoyed a couple of different takes on colouring with the same colours and same stamp set. 
rhapsodyincraft, reverse masking, colouring techniques, good morning magnolia, Stampin' Up!, just Jade, Magenta Madness, friendship cards.


My supply list is at the end of the blog post:

Please head on over to the next Art With Heart Team Member to share their colouring technique with you the very talented Kimberly Hern
If you have a broken link or have come to this blog hop midway, you can view all the participants below:

Sharon Davern  <= You are here

Thank you for viewing our Showcase tonight, we’ll be back next month with more inspiration for you.

If you have any questions about my cards tonight or would like to get the New Annual Catalogue in your hands please do not hesitate to contact me. 




Card 1: Product List

Card 2: Product List

Take Care,



10 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon both your cards are absolutely fabulous - I've never heard of the reverse masking technique before but you have really inspired me to give it a go.

Kate Morgan said...

Wow, stunning cards Sharon, but I particularly love your water coloured magnolia and all the layers and the added hint of gold!

Tina said...

Your cards are so beautiful, Sharon! The reverse masking is a great technique, and I love how the magnolia extends over the edges. The second magnolia is fabulous too.

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Gorgeous cards Sharon and two such different colouring techniques. Love them both XX

Handmade by Kimberly said...

Stunning cards, Sharon! Love them both and I didn't actually know how to make the first one before but now I do thanks to you xx

Handmade by Kimberly said...

Stunning cards, Sharon! Love them both and I didn't actually know how to make the first one before but now I do thanks to you xx

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Great, vivid, colour combo, Sharon! I especially like the first card; bold and striking. :)

Michele Taylor said...

Both of your cards are lovely Sharon but I particularly like the way you have teamed the magnolia with the aper from Forever Ferns. It makes the perfect back drop.

Carussell Crafts said...

Wow! Sharon, I love both of your cards. Thank you for sharing two great techniques. I'm going to try my hand at both of them. The water colouring of the magnolia on your second card is so beautiful. x

Andrea said...

Sharon, I love both your cards. Love both your techniques with the gorgeous Magnolia. I don't think I have tried reverse masking with sponging - must give it a go. Love your watercoloured white embossed magnolia with all those layers. Both are beautiful. xxx

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...