Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 29 July 2020

Week 9 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Cherry Cobbler"


Welcome to week 9 of out Colour Creations Showcase and we are doing another colour that I really love.

This week Cherry Cobbler.

I have 3 cards for you tonight.
rhapsodyincraft, Butterfly Wishes, Here's A Card, Friendship Card, Sympathy Card, Cherry Cobbler, Ornate Garden DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!


The first card for you is a friendship card and I have used a simple colour palette for it.


rhapsodyincraft, Butterfly Wishes, Here's A Card, Friendship Card, Cherry Cobbler, Stampin' Up!


This card is a really simple layout and I have used a sneak peak of the Black and White Roses in the DSP of the Magic In This Night DSP from the new August-December Mini on page 53.

rhapsodyincraft, Butterfly Wishes, Here's A Card, Friendship Card, Cherry Cobbler,, Stampin' Up!

I have used the Scripty 3D embossing folder to add some dimension and texture to the card and I really loved the sentiment to send to anyone at this time from the Here's A Card stamp set.
 The Whisper White Crinkles seam binding is coloured with the dark Cherry Cobbler stampin' Blends and I thought I needed a little more bling so I added some elegant faceted gems that are new this year.
Check out the items in my product list at the end of the post and then get the DSP in August.

For my next 2 cards I did something a little different.
rhapsodyincraft, Here's A Card, Sympathy Card, Cherry Cobbler, Ornate Garden DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!


I took the gorgeous Ornate Garden Specialty DSP with the Gold Foil running through it and coloured it with the Stampin' Blends.

I just love how Stampin' Up have many options for us to create many different looks with the DSP and with the Blends.

So for the small quarter of the  DSP that I coloured I didn't have any waste.

rhapsodyincraft, Here's A Card,  Sympathy Card, Cherry Cobbler, Ornate Garden DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!

This first card I used the rectangle stitched dies and cut out 4 panels and layered them with Gold Foil. The Ribbon is a sneak peak and is Old Olive with Gold foil trim and is found on page 25 of the August- December mini.

rhapsodyincraft, Here's A Card, Sympathy Card, Cherry Cobbler, Ornate Garden DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!

With the rest of the coloured DSP I made this second card and had it as the main focus. My friend lost her father this past couple of days so I wanted to make her a sympathy card so wanted to spend the time colouring these flowers in. Here's A Card Stamp set is a great stamp set for sentiments for any occassion.  Now I just have to chose between the 2 to sent her.

rhapsodyincraft, Here's A Card, Sympathy Card, Cherry Cobbler, Ornate Garden DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!



Please head over to Catherine Proctors Blog for the list of those participating tonight. You will find lots of inspiration from the team for Cherry Cobbler.

Product List



Product List

If you would like any more information about my cards or would like the new August- December mini or the Annual Catalogue in your hands please do not hesitate to contact me.


Thank you for spending some time with me today,
Take Care.






9 comments:

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Amazing cards Sharon, that colouring is fabulous!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Wow! All that colouring! I need to give that a try with that DSP - although I think I will cut off a card front piece to do :)

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I love the classic colour combination on your first card, Sharon (and, as you may know, I really like that rose paper!). Wow - what a lot of colouring on the DSP, for your other cards ... a great way to make Cherry Cobbler the star of the show!

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon I firstly have to snap on colouring that crinkle seam ribbon - doesn't it look great in Cherry Cobbler? And secondly I just love your colouring. Thank you for sharing your cherry cobbler inspiration with us all tonight xx

Ros said...

Great work with the stampin' blends colouring that DSP. Must have taken you some time.

Tina said...

Aww, what a lovely sentiment on the first card. It works beautifully with the branch. The pair of coloured daisy cards are fabulous - the time it took to colour the DSP was well worth the effort.

teegeeinspirations said...

I actually love the combo of the DSP and Cherry cobbler on your first card Sharon although the amount of colouring on the other cards is impressive

Kate Morgan said...

Wow Sharon, great colour combinations and all that colouring is amazing!

Sujatha said...

Love you cards, Sharon! I just love how the Stampin' Blends work and you have made some stunning custom DSP!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...