Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 8 July 2020

Week 6 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Bumblebee"


Well ever since I knew this was one of the colours that Stampin' Up! had in the new Annual Catalogue I have been singing a vocal exercise I used to do when I was at university. For the musicians out there we would sing the word Bumblebee in arpeggios. So I have not been able to stop and this week it has been constant. 😂😂 

This week Bumblebee

So with all that singing I have only 1 card for you. No I just had a few appointments this week so 1 card it is. I thought a few people might use the very gorgeous Celebrate Sunflowers on page 13 which is divine but I thought I would bring you something that is different but easy to make and quick.

Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Moments, Bumblebee, Medium daisy punch, Friendship card, Stampin' Up! 2020-21 Catalogue, Colour Creations Showcase

I love this yellow and thought I would let it shine all on its own.

I started with punching the medium Daisies in the Bumblebee card stock 6 times for 3 flowers and adhering them together with a mini dimensional to give a little height to the flower. Every flower needs a little bling so the In Color enamel Dots are perfect for the centres of each flower.

Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Moments, Bumblebee, Medium daisy punch, Friendship card, Stampin' Up! 2020-21 Catalogue, Colour Creations Showcase


For the card base I have use the Thick Whisper white and stamped the sentiment in Bumblebee ink. I just love the sentiments that came with the Poppies Bundle and was so happy that they carried over into the new annual catalogue. The Peaceful Moments Stamp set have wonderful sentiments that can be used for every occasion.

Once I had stamped the sentiment on the bottom of the card and folded it in half I measure how much Bumblebee card stock and whisper white card stock I needed for the panel to fit in my 3 daisies and adhered that using the new Stampin' seal.

Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Moments, Bumblebee, Medium daisy punch, Friendship card, Stampin' Up! 2020-21 Catalogue, Colour Creations Showcase


Before adhering the daisies with another mini dimensional I twisted some gold trim from the Forever Greenery Trim combo pack around the In Color Bumblebee ribbon and used a mini glue dot to make it snake around the daises so it would sit up in places it wasn't stuck down. You could do this with any number of colours of your choice. Quick simple stamping with or without the ribbon and trim. I'm sure any friend would love to get a card like this from you.

The products I used are at the end of this post.

Please now head over to my dear friend Cathy Proctor's blog to see more inspiration about this weeks colour Bumblebee from the team. This week: Bumblebee

If you would like anymore information about tonight's card or a copy of the new annual catalogue in your hand please do not hesitate to contact me.


Don't forget Bonus days have started. For every $90 you spend in July you get a $9 coupon to redeem in August.


Product List

Thank you for spending some time with me today.
Take Care,





9 comments:

Kathryn Ruddick said...

I love the simple, clean elegance of your card Sharon. I was surprised how well the Bumble Bee pops against the Whisper White.

Also, now I want to hear you singing about bumblebees!

Tina said...

LOL, When I think about singing Bumblebee I think of my Brownie/Girl Guide days... I caught a little baby bumblebee... I don't think that song ended so well for the bee!

Your card is so sweet, I agree with Kathryn that Bumblebee makes great daisies!

Diane Furniss said...

Love your card Sharon, very clean lines and yet elegant. I love the way the ribbon weaves around the daisies.

Kate Morgan said...

Fantastic, you really can't go past the daisy for such a colour as Bumblebee, great choice!

Cathy Proctor said...

I love the elegant sweet simplicity of your daisy card Sharon and I had a little giggle about your vocal exercises too. Thank you for inspiring us all with your Bumblebee creations xx

theresa said...

A lovely clean elegant card Sharon. Sometimes its lovely to just use the feature colour and a basic such as whisper white and you have done it beautifully.

Carussell Crafts said...

A lovely card Sharon, that showcases Bumblebee so sweetly. I love the intertwining ribbon and gold thread too. x

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

This is such a happy, sunshiney, card Sharon. Great way to showcase Bumblebee. :)

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

I love how you've used the colour Bumblebee showcasing them into Daisies and they stand out so well against Whisper White. Beautiful card.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...