Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 20 July 2020

Heart of Christmas July 2020

I am so excited! It is Heart of Christmas 2020! I love Christmas so I am just so excited that it is time for our Christmas Showcase to start. We will be coming to you monthly with Christmas inspiration so you will have lots of time to get all your cards and decorations ready in time for December 25th.  
I thought you would like to know so you could start planning. It seems like all the days and weekends keep running into each other while we are in lock down. The only reason I know what day it is, is because of my daily medicine dispenser! I am getting so old 😂 the older you get the more tablets you need to take, by the time I am actually old I will rattle!

Anyway let's get to the fun stuff and look at the 3 cards I have for you tonight. I have 1 from the annual catalogue and 2 from the new upcoming August-December mini catalogue. 

Rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Aug-Dec Mini 2020, Cherish the Season, Dove of Hope, Arrange a Wreath, Christmas Cards, Fancy Fold, Double Dutch door

Three very different cards but fun to make and I think something for everyone.

Let's start with the Arrange a Wreath card that you can do now from the Annual Catalogue on page 127. You may recall I did a wreath card a couple of weeks ago, check it out here: ( https://bit.ly/Week5CCSBlushingBride ) 

Rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Annual Catalogue 2020-21 Arrange a Wreath, Christmas Cards

I have done a very similar thing to what I had a couple of weeks ago, but this time, A Partridge in a Pear tree! I mean really you can't not go there!

Here is my colour combination and yes the pears are stamped in Pear Pizzazz! I just had to!
I have added the gold foil to my colour combination so that you can see that I have gold embossed the Partridge and also Merry Christmas.


Rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Annual Catalogue 2020-21, Arrange a Wreath, Christmas Cards

I really love the Brick & Mortar 3D embossing folder it is like you have the Christmas Wreaths on the outside of your house as a decoration. I might try it next time with a little lighter brick colour as there are many different brick colours on many different houses and I think it will bring out the gold in the Partridge a bit better too.
Rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Annual Catalogue 2020-21, Arrange a Wreath, Christmas Cards

Now for my next card I have chosen to case a card and change it a little bit. I saw this on Pinterest by Heather Potterton and I just had to try it and I added an extra bell, but I so thought it was a cool idea so wanted to share it with you so you could get onto it straight away. So simple and you are going to love it. It is using the new Cherish the Season Bundle on page 33 of the August - December mini.
Rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Aug-Dec Mini 2020, Cherish the Season, Christmas Cards,

Yes that is correct! The Gold Hoop Embellishments from the Forever Greenery Suite! You thought you didn't know what to do with them. Well, Heather had a smart idea and I loved it so I went and found mine that I had put in a safe spot and then couldn't find because I had put in a safe spot. You know how that goes! 😏 Finally found them and made this quick and easy card!


Ok, I have cut out the bells using the Sounds of the season dies and then made a little cut in the loop at the top so I can thread the gold hoop through the bells. The 2 larger bells the holly is cut out with the die but I have adhered it to the card right at that spot so that the holly stays in place. The Gold Hoop is adhered with mini glue dots and the Whisper White Crinkled seam binding ribbon has been coloured using the Dark Highland Heather Blends to match the card stock and adhered with a mini glue dot.


Everything is so gold and sparkly that the light just shines off it when I was trying to take a photo today. The sentiment at the bottom was stamped in Highland heather before I ran the layer of card stock through the embossing machine with the Subtle 3D Embossing folder.

For my 3rd card I have used the gorgeous Dove of Hope Bundle in the new August- December Mini on page 13. I just couldn't go past the beautiful detailed Dies of the Dove and so wanted to showcase it with a fancy fold. I have used this fold last year and was asked for the instructions a few times so I will put that at the end of the post so that you can see all the folds and measurements to make one yourself.

Rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Aug-Dec Mini 2020,  Dove of Hope,  Christmas Cards, Fancy Fold, Double Dutch door

For this Card I have only used 3 colours 

Don't you just love the detail in the Dove and the the wings? Just beautiful.


Rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Aug-Dec Mini 2020, Dove of Hope,  Christmas Cards, Fancy Fold, Double Dutch door

For this card I have used the Ornate Garden Specialty DSP with the gold foil through it as the most beautiful backdrop for the dove.
Rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up!, Aug-Dec Mini 2020, Dove of Hope, Christmas Cards, Fancy Fold, Double Dutch door

Hope you have enjoyed the couple of sneak peaks into the August-December Mini plus a little sing of a Partridge in a Pear Tree! You know you have been singing it!  

My friend and team mate, the talented Judy May will be coordinating our monthly Heart of Christmas showcases this year so please head on over to her blog to find the list of the team that are participating this month for some more Christmas inspiration: Judy's Blog

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like a copy of either the Annual catalogue or the new August-December Mini so you can start your Christmas planning and creating. Don't forget you still have time to earn Bonus Day Coupons. Spend $90 in July to earn a $9 coupon to use in August. Contact me for more information.


Now for the video on how to cut the card for the Double Dutch door Fold and the products used in the cards tonight.

Here is the video of the base to the double dutch card featuring the card I made last Christmas.




Card 1:
Product List
Card 2:
Product List
Card 3:
Product List


Thank you for spending some time with me tonight, take care of yourselves, stay safe and happy crafting.


11 comments:

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Wow you have been busy Sharon, beautiful cards, I especially love the dove card

Tina said...

Gee whizz! You have been busy! Your cards are all fabulous, and so very different to each other. I really can't pick a favourite!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Your cards are all so different, and lovely, Sharon. The dove card is my favourite; perfect style of card to showcase that lovely die-cut bird.

Cathy Proctor said...

All three cards are beautiful Sharon but wow, your Double Dutch door Fold card is amazing! Thank you for your instructions too -you've inspired me to try this type of fancy fold. Just gorgeous xxx

teegeeinspirations said...

Thanks for that reminder about the number of days before Christmas! But at the rate you've already made cards you'll be well and truly ready! Well done

Rachel Palmieri said...

Amazing cards Sharon, I'd love to make your double dutch card, but I bet I don't get around to it, seems like there is so much to make and so little time.

Andrea said...

Three lovely Christmas cards Sharon. Each gorgeous and each so different. I'll be back to watch your video and follow your instructions for the double dutch card. i have been wanting to give it a go - and it is brilliant with the Dove of Hope. xxx

Kate Morgan said...

Wowsers, you have been busy making a great start to your Christmas cards. They are all so different and I can't choose a favourite, love them all!

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh my goodness, my friend - you have been busy and creative. Three gorgeous cards. Don't know if I should really thank you for the reminder of how many weeks to Christmas though! x

Diane Furniss said...

Another busy person, Wow all these people making lots of Christmas Cards. I love them all so please don't ask me to pick a favourite.

Michele Taylor said...

Another very busy little beaver.....3 beautiful cards Sharon. Of course the one with the wreath is my favourite. :)

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...