Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 9 August 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 15 - 2023-2024 - Cajun Craze

 

Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapssody in craft,Cajun Craze,#colourcreationsbloghop,Fancy Fold,Seasonal Branches,Thinking of you,Get Well cards,Sympathy cards,Inked Botanicals DSP,Nested Essential Dies,Seasonal Branches dies,Stampin' Up, Art With Heart.



Welcome to another fun week of  the Art With Heart Teams Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at the colour Cajun Craze! I would have to say this is not a colour I use very often so I have to think a little bit outside the box for this one I think. I had something in mind but I am not sure if came out quite like I intended.

Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapssody in craft,Cajun Craze,#colourcreationsbloghop,Fancy Fold,Seasonal Branches,Thinking of you,Get Well cards,Sympathy cards,Inked Botanicals DSP,Nested Essential Dies,Seasonal Branches dies,Stampin' Up, Art With Heart.

So my card is really a simple "Z-Fold" card with an added bonus. I know you just can't help yourself can you, I hear you all saying! Well no, not really but you can do it I promise you!

Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapssody in craft,Cajun Craze,#colourcreationsbloghop,Fancy Fold,Seasonal Branches,Thinking of you,Get Well cards,Sympathy cards,Inked Botanicals DSP,Nested Essential Dies,Seasonal Branches dies,Stampin' Up, Art With Heart.

So I started with the card base of Cajun Craze and folded it for a normal card base and then folded the front back on itself to get the "Z" fold. To that I adhered the gorgeous Inked Botanicals DSP. Isn't it gorgeous?! Now that is Calypso Coral and it goes so well with Cajun Craze so they are my 2 base colours that I worked with. They I decided to get a little fancy and used the Nested Essential Dies and Cut the Cajun Craze out in the large one of the stretched hexagon. (I will not tell you what it reminds me of) I cut them in half and on the Basic white in the next size down I used the sentiments from the  Seasonal Branches and stamped in Cajun Craze.

Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapssody in craft,Cajun Craze,#colourcreationsbloghop,Fancy Fold,Seasonal Branches,Thinking of you,Get Well cards,Sympathy cards,Inked Botanicals DSP,Nested Essential Dies,Seasonal Branches dies,Stampin' Up, Art With Heart.
On the 2 for the inside of the card and so you have a place to write I used the little line stamp from Gorgeously Made! I love that stamp! I adhered both of these to the card on the inside making sure they were hidden under the two on the top. 

Ok so that would be your basic "Z-Fold" card with a little bit of fancy die cutting and all you would need to do is decorate. Well I added a step.

Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapssody in craft,Cajun Craze,#colourcreationsbloghop,Fancy Fold,Seasonal Branches,Thinking of you,Get Well cards,Sympathy cards,Inked Botanicals DSP,Nested Essential Dies,Seasonal Branches dies,Stampin' Up, Art With Heart.

Literally a pop up step! I stamped another sentiment and turned it the other way around and added a little pop up step!
Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapssody in craft,Cajun Craze,#colourcreationsbloghop,Fancy Fold,Seasonal Branches,Thinking of you,Get Well cards,Sympathy cards,Inked Botanicals DSP,Nested Essential Dies,Seasonal Branches dies,Stampin' Up, Art With Heart.
It was all a bit of fun and I thought it fit quite well into the centre of the other two parts of the stretched hexagon.
Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapssody in craft,Cajun Craze,#colourcreationsbloghop,Fancy Fold,Seasonal Branches,Thinking of you,Get Well cards,Sympathy cards,Inked Botanicals DSP,Nested Essential Dies,Seasonal Branches dies,Stampin' Up, Art With Heart.
And it closes flat to put in an envelope so all I had to do now was decorate!

Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapssody in craft,Cajun Craze,#colourcreationsbloghop,Fancy Fold,Seasonal Branches,Thinking of you,Get Well cards,Sympathy cards,Inked Botanicals DSP,Nested Essential Dies,Seasonal Branches dies,Stampin' Up, Art With Heart.

I stamped the branch, leaves, flowers and bird from the Seasonal Branches on Smokey slate and die cut them out and then took out my Stampin' Blends. The leaves are Dark Old Olive and Soft Sea Foam, The flowers are Light and Dark Cajun Craze and Light and Dark Calypso Coral and I added some bling to the flowers with colouring the basic Rhinestone jewels with the Dark Cajun Craze Stampin' Blend. The Bird I used Light and Dark Pretty Peacock, Light Lemon Lolly, Light Wild Wheat and Light Cajun Craze.

Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapssody in craft,Cajun Craze,#colourcreationsbloghop,Fancy Fold,Seasonal Branches,Thinking of you,Get Well cards,Sympathy cards,Inked Botanicals DSP,Nested Essential Dies,Seasonal Branches dies,Stampin' Up, Art With Heart.

Of course I had to finish with a little linen thread bow. I do hope you enjoyed my extra "step" to the z-fold card today and give it a try yourself and maybe try a different shape.

If you have any questions about my project today please don't hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next talented team member that participating in our Cajun Craze colour challenge and this week you will be heading to Rachel Palmieri, I can't wait to see what she has for us. Just hit the next blog button and you will head straight there.


If for any reason the next blog button doesn't work please come back here and head to our host of the weekly colour challenges the lovely Cathy Proctor and she will have the list of all those participating and you can continue your blog hop from there: Cathy's Blog.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,



8 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I certainly won't be giving this a try ... I'll just admire all your hard work and creativity!! Nice choice of paper, Sharon. Calypso Coral does go really well with Cajun Craze, as shown by all the lovely elements you've used.

Cathy Proctor said...

What a super creative fancy fold, Sharon! The DSP is the perfect choice to decorate all your Nested Elements flaps and I love the addition of the pop up piece too.

Tina said...

Well, aren't you the clever clogs to come up with such an amazing fancy fold! The firs thing that caught my eye was how well the different panels layered when the card was closed. You've decorated it so beautifully.

Theresa Gerrard said...

another amazing fancy fold card to impress us with Sharon. You really are creative when it comes to these type of cards. The Inked Botanicals paper is the prefect choice.

Andrea said...

Oh wow Sharon, such an amazing card. When I read it was a simple Z fold I took another look at your card as I hadn’t seen the Z fold at first look. Your addition of the die cut shapes and the extra pop up shape creates an amazing card. I love your use of the Calypso Coral Inked Botanicals DSP. It combines so well with the bird & branches. A wonderful card. xxx

Rachel Palmieri said...

Great work Sharon, but so many steps! I like the DSP you chose to complement Cajun Craze, it's perfect. The decoration and overall look of your card is something special.

Amie Mcilroy - Eager To Stamp said...

Great fun fold! Your card front is just adorable. Thank you for sharing the tutorial, I would love to CASE it!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh wow, here you go again with another fancy fold design - I love how it looks when it is closed with those panels lining up beautifully. Cajun Craze does look great with Calyso Coral and your colourng of the Seasonal Branches images is lovely.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...