Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 14 August 2023

Heart Of Christmas 2023 - Week 2

 


Welcome to week 2 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop for 2023. Each Monday up until the end of November, team members from the Art With Heart team will be bringing to you some fabulous Christmas inspiration. Card, Tags, Décor and 3D items so that you will be ready for your Christmas and Holiday festivities. I do hope you will join us each Monday at 8 p.m AEST.

This week I was eagerly awaiting my preorder from the new September - December Mini but it is yet to arrive so I am jumping on the Trucking Along band wagon. It reminds me of the Australian version of Jingle Bells in the Old Rusty Holden Ute! I will put the lyrics at the end of the blog post for those who are interested.

Well update I had not quite finished my card and putting it all together so I was able to use some of the goodies from the  new Mini pre-order.


I have made another fancy fold! I know I can’t resist but this one is super easy to make, and I know that you could do it, plus the card fits into our envelopes no problem at all!

I started with making the box for the base of the card. 4 ¼ inches by 11. Then I scored at 1,  2 ¾ ,3 ¾ ,5 ½ ,7 ¼ ,8 ¼ ,10 inches. Fold this in half at the 5 ½ inch mark and lay this in the grove of your trimmer and cut form ½ inch down to the 3 ¾ inch mark so that you have half an inch of card on each side not cut. Fold all the score lines and set this aside for later as now we get to decorate.

For the pop up section of the card I have cut a piece of Pebble Path to go with the base of the card and then some over the top I have cut a piece of Basic White and a circle using the new Deckled Circle dies from the upcoming Sept-Dec Mini. You are going to love them! Between these layers I have used the Walk in the Forest DSP 


For the tree on the front of the focal point I have used the Merriest Tree Dies and it cuts out the tree perfectly from the Walk in the Forest DSP. To create the pop-up part slide your focal point card in through the slit that you have cut fold all the score lines back into a box and adhere the 1 inch sections to either side of the focal card. I did this with tear 'n' tape to make sure it was very secure. You might be able to see from this angle better.


 I have stamped the truck twice so I could get the little trailer and I just love the little wooden railings. I have used Light and Dark Pretty Peacock and Dark Lost Lagoon to colour the truck and the rust is Bronze, Light and Dark Wild Wheat. I have colour in many colours and you can too your Christmas presents and as the truck is going over the bumpy road  a little bit too fast the presents are flying out the back of the trailer. Which if you look very closely is the embossed DSP with Stipes from Stripes and Splatters embossing folders I have them attached to a piece of window sheet!
And it folds flat to go in the envelope.

If you would like to contact me about my project today please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next amazing creative team member and this week you will be heading to Judy May, I can't wait to see what she has for us today she always comes up with gorgeous cards and last week was no exception. Just click on the next blog button and you will go straight there.
If for some reason one of the links don't work or you would rather go off a list for your blog hop, please find the list below of the Art With Heart Team who are participating in the Heart of Christmas this week.

Here is the list of those amazing Art With Team members participating today.

Tina Gillespie

Amie McIlroy

Andrea Sargent

Michele Taylor

Theresa Gerrard

Kate Morgan

Christine Blain

Rosa Leyden

Catherine Proctor

Rachel Woollard

Sharon Davern <= You Are Here

Judy May

If you would like the new September-December Mini please let me know.
Don't forget Jingle Bells in a Holden rusty Ute


Aussie Jingle Bells Lyrics

Dashing through the bush
In a rusty Holden Ute
Kicking up the dust
Esky in the boot
Kelpie by my side
Singing Christmas songs
It’s summer time and I am in
My singlet, shorts & thongs

OH, JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS
JINGLE ALL THE WAY
CHRISTMAS IN AUSTRALIA
ON A SCORCHING SUMMER’S DAY
JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS
CHRISTMAS TIME IS BEAUT
OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO RIDE
IN A RUSTY HOLDEN UTE

Engine’s getting hot
Dodge the kangaroos
Swaggy climbs aboard
He is welcome too
All the family is there
Sitting by the pool
Christmas day, the Aussie way
By the barbecue!

OH, JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS
JINGLE ALL THE WAY
CHRISTMAS IN AUSTRALIA
ON A SCORCHING SUMMER’S DAY
JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS
CHRISTMAS TIME IS BEAUT
OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO RIDE
IN A RUSTY HOLDEN UTE

Come the afternoon
Grandpa has a doze
The kids and uncle Bruce
Are swimming in their clothes
The time comes round to go
We take a family snap
Then pack the car and all shoot through
Before the washing up

OH, JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS
JINGLE ALL THE WAY
CHRISTMAS IN AUSTRALIA
ON A SCORCHING SUMMER’S DAY
JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS
CHRISTMAS TIME IS BEAUT
OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO RIDE
IN A RUSTY HOLDEN UTE


Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,

10 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, wonderful idea to put the presents on a piece of window sheet. I also love your colouring of the ute, it looks very authentic

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Such a fun card, Sharon - especially the presents flying out of the trailer. I love your colour choices; the truck looks so good in those colours. I've lived in Australia since 1983, and have never heard or seen that song! Thanks for sharing; it's awesome!

Amie said...

Fabulous card! I love the trailer with all the presents and great colouring.

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon I love your truck with the flying presents! The colours are awesome and a fabulous fancy fold as usual.

Andrea said...

Another wonderful fun fold Sharon. Thanks for sharing the Aussie version of Jingle Bells. When I first saw the Trucking Along bundle I thought of this version of the song - but couldn’t remember the words. I love the presents flying up in the air - clever use of the window sheet. Such a fun cute card. xxx

Cathy Proctor said...

Your gorgeous card with the presents flying off the back of the ute put a big smile on my face, Sharon. I've seen many versions of this fancy fold - it is such a great design to create a card that stands up for display. Very clever use of the window sheet!

theresa said...

Oh Sharon another great fancy fold. I especially love the presents bouncing out of the back of the "rusty holden ute". Fabulous that with all the intricacies of your card it can still be folded flat for an envelope.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh boy, I had that tune in my head the whole time I was trying to read your post!!! I love that the presents are flying out of the ute, but I bet the kids would be worried LOL. This is a great fancy fold and the DSPs you haver chosen look great.

Judy May said...

Such a fun card, Sharon. This fancy fold Looks great in a Christmas version and the presents flying out of the truck is so cool!

Michele Taylor said...

Super cool and super cute card Sharon. I always love your fancy folds and this is a new one for me. Great choice with the Trucking Along bundle.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...