Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 16 August 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 16 - 2023-2024 - Calypso Coral

 

Rhapsody in craft,#rhapsodyincraft,blending blush technique,Calypso Coral,Textured Floral,Textured Floral Dies,Blending Brushes,Birthday Card,Exposed Brick 3D embossing Folder,Stripes and Splatters 3D Embossing folders,Blending Brushes,Stampin' Up, #artwithheart,


Welcome to Calypso Coral week for our Colour Creations Blog Hop. It is a lovely colour and one I think my Dad would say is almost his favourite but I am not making a male card today I am pulling out the Textured Floral bundle and trying a new technique for me that I found from Patty Bennett.

You may have come to my blog if you are hopping along with the Art with Heart team from Theresa and I know she likes me to do fancy folds but today I am not doing that just a normal fold as I wanted to try this technique and I wasn't sure how long it was going to take me. It is not a hard technique at all I just played around with it a bit.
Here is my colour combination for my card today. So let me tell you how I put it all together using the Texture Floral stamp set and die bundle!
Rhapsody in craft,#rhapsodyincraft,blending blush technique,Calypso Coral,Textured Floral,Textured Floral Dies,Blending Brushes,Birthday Card,Exposed Brick 3D embossing Folder,Stripes and Splatters 3D Embossing folders,Blending Brushes,Stampin' Up, #artwithheart,
My base and first layer is this gorgeous rich Calypso Coral and I have embossed the layer with the Exposed Brick 3D embossing folder. Don't you just love this embossing folder? Well I do! Now came the fun part.
Rhapsody in craft,#rhapsodyincraft,blending blush technique,Calypso Coral,Textured Floral,Textured Floral Dies,Blending Brushes,Birthday Card,Exposed Brick 3D embossing Folder,Stripes and Splatters 3D Embossing folders,Blending Brushes,Stampin' Up, #artwithheart,
To get the unique colouring on the distINKtive stamps I mounted the flower stamps on blocks then got out the inks that I wanted to use. I used Lemon Lolly and Petal Pink on the flowers and then on my blending brush I had Calypso Coral. You may ask how did I do that. Well to start with I watched a video that Patty Bennet has on her page to do with any distINKtive stamps and she first uses an old bone folder and moves some of the excess ink away from the centre of your ink pad. You DO NOT want a juicy ink pad for this. Then in my case I inked either in Petal Pink or Lemon Lolly on the ink pad the flower that I wanted. Then with your blending brush you tap around the edge of your flower as much or as little the amount of ink that you want in the colour that you have chosen and of course we are using Calypso Coral today! How cool do these flowers look?!
Rhapsody in craft,#rhapsodyincraft,blending blush technique,Calypso Coral,Textured Floral,Textured Floral Dies,Blending Brushes,Birthday Card,Exposed Brick 3D embossing Folder,Stripes and Splatters 3D Embossing folders,Blending Brushes,Stampin' Up, #artwithheart,

For the leaves I have put a little bit of blending brush splodges of Mossy Meadow over Soft Sea Foam before cutting them out with the Textured Floral dies to give them a muted look and slightly different tone. I have added a little bit of linen thread and in the centre of the flowers I have cut out the stamen in basic white. Under all of this floral gorgeousness I have added 3 strips of the colours that I have used in the card as although the flowers were gorgeous it needed something to ground the floral bouquet! I embossed the strips with the Stripes Embossing folder from the Stripes and Splatters 3D Embossing folder set! Now around the edge of Calypso Coral layer and the 3 strips of card I have used the residual ink on my blending brush with Calypso Coral. Of course you always need a little bling which I have coloured the basic rhinestones with dark calypso coral blends.

If you have any questions about this card today or the technique please don't hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey of Calypso Coral and today you will be heading to Ros Davidson. I love her bold colours so I can't wait to see what she has put together for us today. Just click on the next blog button and you will be taken straight there.
If for any reason the next blog button doesn't quite work please come back here and head to our host for this week Tina Gillespie and she will have the list of the Art With Heart team participating today so you can continue your hop from there: Tina's Blog.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,






7 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon! I love how the boldness of the Calypso Coral background really makes those flowers pop. You've achieved such lovely results with your blending brushes. It's all so pretty (I think Theresa won't be disappointed! LOL).

Tina said...

Your blended blooms are gorgeous! The softer colours look amazing over all the layering and the embossed background. Fabulous card!

theresa said...

No fancy fold this week? Just when I make reference haha. Sharon I love the softness of your floral spray against the boldness of the embossed Calypso Coral.

Andrea said...

A gorgeous card Sharon. I am swooning over your beautiful flowers - so subtle, so pretty. The embossed Calypso Coral background show off the flowers. I love the embossed strips behind the flowers too. xxx

Kate Morgan said...

Sharon, those flowes are absolutely gorgeous. Your chosen colours are splendid and the layers behind are amazing. Those 3 strips certainly ground the flowers and that textured embossed background is going to have to be on my next order!

Rosa Leyden said...

A beautifully coloured flower bunch Christine using different coloured inks and blending brushes for a softer look against the striking and embossed background. I love the embossed strips behind the flowers too.

Rachel Palmieri said...

Those flowers are beautiful Sharon, and I like the strips you've tucked behind them.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 2 - 2024-25 - Petunia Pop

  Welcome to week 2 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at the second New InColor called Petunia Pop! If you ...