Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 7 August 2023

Heart Of Christmas - 2023 - Week 1 - Perched In A Tree Note Cards

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023,Perched in a tree, Christmas, Christmas card, Christmas note card, Christmas tag, Merry Melody 3x3 envelope, Stampin' Blends, Wink of Stella, Stampin' Up! #stampinup, #artwithheart, Art with Heart

Welcome to the first week of The Heart of Christmas for 2023. Every Monday until the end of November the Art with Heart team will be bringing you some wonderful Christmas inspiration. Cards, tags, and 3D projects all to help you get ready for Christmas. Hope you have fun and will join us every week. Let the festivities begin!


This week I am using one of the carry over stamp set that you can find in the Annual catalogue that you might already have from last year. I needed to make some little note cards for my Christmas in July Dinner I was having so I thought this would be the perfect first card for our Heart of Christmas. You could used these to pop in with gifts for family, friends or your kids teachers.

Did you know that Stampin' Up! have envelopes that are 3x3 inches, well I happen to have some in my stash for a different project so I thought they were just the thing for this project and that was my starting point for the size of my note card!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023,Perched in a tree, Christmas, Christmas card, Christmas note card, Christmas tag, Merry Melody 3x3 envelope, Stampin' Blends, Wink of Stella, Stampin' Up! #stampinup, #artwithheart, Art with Heart
I have used the Perched In A Tree stamp set for my note cards and I needed to make 12. I made them for a pay it forward for the group of ladies coming out to my Christmas in July dinner. I gave them each one and told them to use them to put on gifts or to give as gifts. Starting their pay it forward for the Christmas and gift giving season.

Now for some reason which I can not fathom I did not buy the dies to go with this stamp set. So instead of being able to die cut out the branch and the bird I had to fussy cut! Well guess what will be on one of my orders! Can I suggest that if you see a bundle buy it as a bundle as you will save 10% not be a silly duffer like me and do it separately!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023,Perched in a tree, Christmas, Christmas card, Christmas note card, Christmas tag, Merry Melody 3x3 envelope, Stampin' Blends, Wink of Stella, Stampin' Up! #stampinup, #artwithheart, Art with Heart
There are a couple of layers to this card. Firstly there is the Thick Basic White card base 3 x 6 inches folded in half. I then cut a 3 x3 piece of Basic White and using the Soft Sea Foam ink pad stamped the solid leaf splatter image on the two corners before putting it through the Cut 'N' Emboss machine with the Merry Melody 3D embossing Folder and adhering it to the card base.

The bird and branch were stamped in Basic Gray and then I took out the Stampin' Blends and had some fun with the bird! I used: Light & Dark Cherry Cobbler, Light & Dark Sweet Sorbet, Light & Dark Crumb Cake, Light & Dark Pecan Pie, Dark Lemon Lolly, Light Balmy Blue, SU 300, SU 200, Colour Lifter and Wink of Stella.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023,Perched in a tree, Christmas, Christmas card, Christmas note card, Christmas tag, Merry Melody 3x3 envelope, Stampin' Blends, Wink of Stella, Stampin' Up! #stampinup, #artwithheart, Art with Heart
This angle might give you a good look at the glitter on the little bird from the Wink of Stella.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023,Perched in a tree, Christmas, Christmas card, Christmas note card, Christmas tag, Merry Melody 3x3 envelope, Stampin' Blends, Wink of Stella, Stampin' Up! #stampinup, #artwithheart, Art with Heart

To finish off all the cards I used some linen thread to make a little nest and attached that with a mini glue dot and popped that under the branch which I coloured with the Stampin' Blends and popped the brand and the bird up on Dimensionals! I stamped the sentiment in Pecan Pie and fussy cut that out and popped it up on Dimensionals as well. Some come out really well with the colour lifter some I am still working on using that a bit better, but you can see some of the birds are light and some are a little darker all used the exact same blends it just depends on how much I went back over the area and blended it back in.

Now is the time to head to the next very talented team member for some Christmas inspiration and this week you will be heading to Christina Barnes, I can't wait to see what she has created for us. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.

If you have any issues with the next blog button not working I have a list of the team participating below so you can continue your Christmas inspiration there!

If you have any questions about my project today please get in contact, plus the new September - December mini  is coming out and if you would like a copy to find out all about the Christmas goodies let me know


List of those participating in the Heart of Christmas Blog hop if you would like to do your blog hopping from here!
Christina Barnes:
Christine Blain:
Kate Morgan:
Andrea Sargent:
Theresa Gerrard:
Rachel Woollard:
Tina Gillespie:
Judy May:
Michele Taylor:
Catherine Proctor:
Rosa Leyden:
Caroline Manwaring:

Sharon Davern: <You are here

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,



12 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, your "pay it forward" tiny bird cards are simply divine! I love all the details and the use of the music embossing folder.

Tina said...

Your note cards are fabulous! The colouring looks amazing, and I am totally in awe of you fussy cutting all those birds!

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon your softly blended and embossed background makes a lovely backdrop to your textured birds. Nice touch adding Eink of Stella for a bit of sparkle!

Rachel Woollard said...

Wow, look at all those gorgeous birds! Beautiful colouring and all that fussy cutting.

Andrea said...

I love, love, love your ‘pay it forward’ note cards Sharon. Your colouring is delightful and each bird being a little different is true to nature. We are all created unique, even little birds. The embossed music background is delightful and perfect with that sentiment. And all that fussy cutting - impressive. xxx

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Great Christmas project to share, Sharon, and a lovely initiative to "pay it forward". I love that you stamped the Soft Sea Foam splatters before embossing the white background panels - a lovely touch. Colouring 12 of those birds would've been fun! Really nice work. x

Judy May said...

Gorgeous note cards, Sharon. You card would be fabulous as a centrepiece to a larger card as well. Beautiful colouring and the background sets it off. A lot of work without the dies!

Wendie Waldman said...

Beautiful combination of images and sentiment.

Michele Taylor said...

I am in awe of your patience and colouring skill Sharon. I don't fussy cut so to see 12 beautifully coloured and cut out birds and branches adorning your cards is a fete to be admired.

theresa said...

Wow Sharon your "pay it forward" Christmas notecards are amazing especially with all of that fussy cutting!

Kate Morgan said...

Sharon, these are just so pretty, with their Wink of Stella feathers. I can't believe you had to fussy cut all of those, blimey, what a lot of work. I bet you won't forget the dies on your next order ;)

Carussell Crafts said...

Such a beautiful set of Christmas note/gift cards, Sharon. All individually hand coloured and cut, they are mini works of art. I love them!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...